Thursday, September 5, 2013

Thursday Thoughts with Jen - Vol 11

Happy Thursday friends! I've been participating in Jenni's Blogtember challenge so I'm going to do a little combo action today, and in addition to my usual Thursday Thoughts, you are going to get some useful advice or information I've learned and always remembered. But really, isn't that what my Thursday Thoughts are anyways?! Extremely useful thoughts/advice you would die without.. :)


  1. Why is it that every night before bed I can put my hair up in the perfect messy bun with little effort, but in the morning when I've hit snooze one too many times and there's no hope of washing my hair, I can't get a decent bun for the life of me?! It seriously happens every time. Hot mess party of one. I complain about my hair a lot, don't I? Moving on.
  2. Yes. Yes. A million times yes. 23 Signs You're the Tidy One. This is most definitely me. Monica Geller will forever be my hero.
  3. Let's talk TV for a minute. Have you all seen Jane Lynch's show "Hollywood Game Night"? I think I missed my true calling in life. There's this segment they do called Portrait of a Killer Cereal, and I'm embarrassingly good at it. Within half a second, I can identify them all. Cocoa Pebbles! Boo Berry! Apple Jacks! Wheaties! Berry Berry Kix! Surely being able to recognize every cereal ever invented by picture alone can get me somewhere in life right?! No? It's a useless talent? Way to burst my bubble.
  4. Speaking of bubbles, I chew an unhealthy amount of gum. I'm talking like almost an entire package a day...especially if it is a fruity flavor. I just discovered Extra Dessert Delights Raspberry Vanilla Cupcake last night, and I only have 6 pieces left. No joke. Hey, at least I'm not chain smoking cigs. Now that's a nasty habit. Sugarfree gum is a much healthier alternative. 
    Fact: Blowing bubbles with sugarfree gum
    is hard and requires real talent
  5. Have you all heard the silly expression, "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"? What a joke. If only that were true. Pretty sure all of these things are much, much better. It's a constant battle for me. Would I rather fit into size 25 jeans or eat cookies and ice cream? You can tell what usually wins out. I can't say no to pizza, or french fries, or a cookie, or cake. Oy. I love food.
  6. I've been trying to abstain from buying my first PSL of the season for as long as possible because I know once I have one I just won't be able to stop. Those things are addicting. So delicious! Starbucks is going to take way too much of my money this Fall like always.
  7. Check out this list of 28 Shamefully Irrational Fears that Secretly Haunt Us All. OMG. You guys. #24. How am I ever going to be able to use a toilet again?!? 
  8. Lastly, to answer the Blogtember prompt for today - some useful advice or information I've learned and always remembered - I'm going to quote good ol' Martha Washington because I try to remember this always. "The greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions and not upon our circumstances. I am still determined to be cheerful and to be happy in whatever situation I may be."
Here's where I usually wish you all a happy and safe weekend, but I'll be back tomorrow running my mouth on Friday's topic - a story about a time I was very afraid. Sorry you won't be able to sleep tonight because you'll be too excited anxiously awaiting my story. See you back here tomorrow!

Note: In the time it's taken me to write this blog post I've chewed another two pieces of gum. I'm down to only 4. I have a problem.


2 comments: