Thursday, October 3, 2013

Thursday Thoughts with Jen - Vol 15

Happy Thursday friends! I'll keep this brief today. Here are your Thursday Thoughts:
  1. My allergies are out of control this year. I swear it has to be something in Kansas. I was fine allllll weekend, but Sunday night on the airplane when we were within 15 minutes of touching down in KC my nose started dripping like a faucet. What the heck?!
  2. By now you know I have a serious obsession with food. I think I might love food more than I love people and this list of 31 GIFs Perfectly Express My Feelings About Food. Well, besides the part about ham. I don't like ham. Turkey > ham, any day. And cranberry sauce is not the best part of Thanksgiving. Clearly the turkey, sweet potato casserole with marshmallows, and pumpkin pie are infinitely better.
  3. Yesterday I had a pumpkin pie crumb bar one of my friends made, and it's safe to say my yearly pumpkin obsession is in full swing...although I've only had one pumpkin spice latte so far this season. I'm disappointed with myself. I need to step up my game. My ever growing list of treats to bake includes pumpkin pie cupcakesmelt-in-your-mouth pumpkin cookiespumpkin crunch cake, and my favorite, oatmeal pumpkin creme pies. Baking party anyone?
    Yup I ate this right off a napkin because I'm classy like that. Hey, at least I used a plastic fork.
  4. You know what else is my favorite? People with accents, especially Southern accents. I swoon over a good slow drawl. I may or may not have just watched 3 YouTube videos on Southern accents y'all. I'm basically a professional now. Hah. You better believe when if I have children they will be raised below the Mason Dixon line. Toddlers with accents have got to be the cutest things ever.
  5. I have no idea what to be for Halloween. Last year I didn't dress up which was totally unacceptable. This year I must have a costume. Anyone have any ideas?! The Chicken Tindahs and I are thinking we need a group costume so any ideas for three are welcome...but nothing sleazy. I'm all about creative costumes that are not of the slutty variety. Slapping on a cleavage baring dress and some animal ears is NOT a costume.
  6. Even though I have a 50/50 chance of getting it right, I always try to put USB cords in the WRONG way 100% of the time. It never fails. Every. Single. Time. So annoying.
  7. Does anyone else despise Bruno Mars' "Gorilla" as much as me? I'm sorry, but lyrics like "you and me making love like gorillas" have no place in a ballad. I'm usually such a big Bruno fan, but I just can't get on board with this one. Moving on.
  8. Things should be symmetrical. Closets should be organized by color. I'm the only one who knows the right way to clean. Check out this list of 22 Things Only People With OCD Will Understand.
  9. I finally have a weekend in Kansas City so I think I should take the opportunity to try all of these desserts. Someone want to go with me so I don't feel quite so pathetic? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment