Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I went skiing...and survived

Well I can check another thing off my 28 Things Before 28 list! On Saturday I went skiing with some friends at Snow Creek, and while I can't say that skiing is my most favorite thing to do now, I'll admit it was fun.


Thankfully my friend Scott was a real gem and volunteered to be my ski instructor for the day saving me some cash as well as the embarrassment of taking lessons with a bunch of kiddos (who were obviously wayyyyy better than me). Many thanks to him for being extremely patient as I know I wasn't the best student, and also an even bigger thanks for putting himself in the line of fire as I hurtled down the slopes out of control the first few times. He may or may not have fallen more than me! :)


In case you need proof that I actually did it, here is a video that Scott took. What's funny is I felt like I was FLYING, but in reality I'm going at snail pace compared to everyone else haha.

If given the choice between the beach and the mountains, I will still 100% always chose the beach, but at least now I can say I've skiied (and I was terrified enough skiing the "slopes" in Missouri so I can't imagine what it would be like on an actual mountain). Someday when I'm a grown-up (because 27 is not grown up) and married with a family if they want to go skiing you will find me cozied up by the fire with a book and hot chocolate. I'm just not meant for cold weather....and most definitely not winter sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment