Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thursday Thoughts with Jen - Vol 25

Happy Day Before Valentine's Day Day! I like Valentine's Day if for no other reason than all the cute pink decorations and the abundance of cakes and cookies and heart shaped desserts. Good thing I can eat them again! ;)
  1. How do you all feel about flowers being sent to the office on V Day? Personally I can't stand it. If you want to bring me flowers when you run to the grocery store to pick up milk on some random Tuesday night to show you were thinking about me, I promise you will earn 100x more bonus points than if you send me flowers on February 14th. I would much prefer going out for margaritas and a giant bowl of queso than having some silly (often ugly) $40 flower bouquet delivered (in a cardboard box) to my work where they will wilt and die in a corner unnoticed because I'm too busy to even breathe.
  2. Wednesday was just not my day. I went to the gym in the morning and forgot a bra (kinda important when you're wearing a thin, sort of see through, cheap shirt from Forever 21...even when you are as flat-chested as I am). Of course I didn't realize this until I had already showered and didn't have enough time to drive all the way back to my house so I had to wear a sweaty workout top underneath my work shirt. Awesome. I decided to cheer myself up by running to Starbucks for a quick latte, and what do you know. While I was waiting for my drink someone backed into my car because it was "so dark I didn't see your white car" because that makes sense. Direct quote. Then when I got to work the fire alarm went off and I had to stand out in the freezing cold for 15 minutes. Fantastic.
  3. Okay. Enough ranting. On Saturday I went to Hobby Lobby three times. I also went once on Friday night so there's that...four times in two days. That might be a new record even for me. The reason for all these Hobby Lobby trips? Originally I wanted to find some fun things to go on the wall around my fauxidermy deer I got for Christmas, but I ending up finding something even better
    How fun are these letters? Rock Chalk Jayhawk!
    My deer is still lonely. Anyone have any genius ideas as to what I
    should put on the wall around him?! Poor guy is all by his lonesome.
  4. So I had my first donut in over a month on Tuesday, and OH EM GEE. It was ah-maze-ing. Even though I'm a die hard Jayhawk, and I truly believe Lawrence, KS is infinitely better than Manhattan, KS, Varsity Donuts has a real good thing going on. I've tried several different kinds of their donuts now, and they never disappoint. If you should ever find yourself in the Little Apple go there. You won't be sorry. 
    Chocolate cake donut with chocolate frosting,
    strawberry fluff, and heart sprinkles. I die.
  5. Now I've got donuts on the brain. I've been wanting to go to Voodoo Doughnut in Portland for years now, literally years. Guess what?! They just opened a location in Denver, and conveniently, I'll be in Colorado this weekend. I've already told Cory that we are stopping there on Sunday no matter what. Thank goodness he is a good sport, and really how can anyone say no to me AND donuts?! Together we're unstoppable! Now which one should I try?! Who's been?!
  6. I'm not a big drinker, but I am really, really excited to drink Boulevard Chocolate Ale this weekend. I bought it last week, but have been saving it for my trip this weekend. I. Can't. Wait. 
  7. In the spirit of Valentine's Day (and because I'm obsessed with Nashville), I'm going to leave you today with three songs about love. There's something for everyone here so listen to them all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment