Thursday, February 6, 2014

Thursday Thoughts with Jen - Vol 24

Yay! It's Thursday!
  1. Being a grown up isn't all bad when you get snow days! Here in Kansas we've had TWO this week...although they aren't quite as fun as when I was younger. I guess technically I was still working, but at least I was working while watching the Today Show in my PJ's! I think I could really get used to this being at home all day thing. Too bad being a stay at home girlfriend isn't a real profession.
  2. The downside to working from home? I just want to eat and eat and eat. All. Day. Long. I'm pretty sure I would be obese if I was stuck at home all day every day. It was really difficult not to make 20 different types of cookies yesterday and sit on the couch stuffing my face, binge drinking hot chocolate, and getting dumber watching episode after episode of Vanderpump Rules. It is so trashy and so awful, but I kinda love it.
  3. Since we've been locked up inside for the past two days, the Tindahs and I have had to find ways to entertain ourselves. A girl can only watch so much Bravo. Tuesday night my mind was blown. Did you know that your forearm is the same size as your foot?!? Apparently this is common elementary school knowledge that I missed out on! I guess my STL education pales in comparison to a small town Wamego education.
  4. Guess what?!? Today is my LAST day of no sweets. I've almost made it an entire month! I did have Biggest Loser oatmeal pancakes for breakfast Tuesday and Wednesday, but in my defense I used sugar free syrup, and they were healthy-ish. Cory says I cheated. I say tomato. He says tomahto.
  5. So I haven't been entirely truthful with you guys. The reason I've been so dead set on this no sweets for a month thing? Well a little over a month ago I ripped my jeans. Yup. I ripped my jeans trying to squeeze my thigh into them, and it wasn't a small little rip. It was a giant gaping tear from my crotch to about half way to my knee. How embarrassing. And that's not even the worst part. The worst part was that they were my favorite jeans, and I had to wear them to work all day long because it happened at the gym, and I didn't have time to go home and get a change of clothes. Luckily I was wearing a long shirt, and I was able to hide out at my desk a majority of the day.
  6. Even though Oreo opted to go dark during the Super Bowl on Sunday, they've still been top of my mind. I told Cory that literally the only thing I want for Valentine's Day is a package of Marshmallow Crispy Oreo's...and this is why I rip my pants. Who's tried them? Are they as amazing as I imagine?
  7. I'm kind of addicted to Buzzfeed quizzes. Today I found out what food matches my personality! Drum roll....I'm....SUSHI! I'm smart, sophisticated, and fancy. What food are you?
  8. How did people plan weddings before Pinterest? This is a serious question. If you aren't a creative person I guess you were just S.O.L. Although some of these "fun ideas" are just too much. A ball pit at a wedding reception? No thank you.
  9. While I've never actually seen the real Notebook movie (Don't fall out of your chair. I don't know why everyone acts so horrified when I tell them that), I imagine this version is one million trillion zillion times better!

No comments:

Post a Comment