Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Bye bye hot mess. Hello gorgeous.

As you may have heard, college football starts this week. Even if you could care less about which teams are playing or you couldn't tell the difference between a line backer and a wide receiver (are those real positions? If so, I'm giving myself a big pat on the back) if your life depended on it, you should care about football season for one reason and one reason alone. Game day outfit shopping.

Wayyyyyy back when I was in college, in the good ol' days if you will (I kid. I kid. It wasn't that long ago...at least that's what I like to tell myself), game day fashion didn't exist. Many times I rolled out of bed (probably still hungover from the night before), greasy hair and all, threw on a hoodie and some tennis shoes, and out the door I went. Here in middle America it took a few years for game day fashion to migrate northward. I'm pretty sure if I had showed up to a tailgate in Lawrence, KS circa 2006 wearing a dress, hell would have frozen over. That, or every girl there would have looked at me like this:


Not to be outdone by lesser SEC schools, Kansas sorority girls finally got their act together. Sure it might require setting that alarm a bit earlier and putting forth a little more effort, but girls, if it can prevent pictures like the ones that will haunt me on Facebook for eternity it is so, so worth it. Gone are the days when the Jayhawk faithful look a hot mess. Those Southern Belles don't have anything on us! Here's a peek into what I've got in my shopping cart for this season:

August
Game Day - August

René Derhy batwing sleeve top, $67 / Long skirt / Payless  Brash Flat shoes / Statement necklace

September

Game Day - Sept


Merona long denim dress / Tory Burch olive green boots, $715 / Michael Kors stainless steel jewellery, $360 / 
Sabine red jewelry / Banana Republic red jewelry / FOSSIL polka dot scarve

October

Game Day - SeptemberWallis loose top / J Brand blue skinny jeans / Payless Cap toe flat / Tory Burch brown shoulder bag / Michael Kors stainless steel watch, $360 / Dsquared2 bracelet
Humble Chic red drop earrings

November


Game Day - October

Wallis sleeve blouse / Therapy faux leather jacket, $86 / J Brand blue jeans / Tory Burch boots
Kate Spade stud earrings / C. Wonder antique gold jewellery

One thing's for sure, this year I'll be all dolled up. Now whether or not I actually make it into a game is still up in the air. At least I'll look cute at the tailgates. Please Jayhawks, let's make this season a little bit more bearable than the past few years. I'm tired of having my heart broken! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment