Thursday, August 8, 2013

Thursday Thoughts with Jen - Vol 7

First of all, how on earth is it already Thursday?! I feel like my life has been on fast forward lately. Must. Slow. Down. Sorry for the kind of pathetic and wimpy Thursday Thoughts, but this week has just been too much.
  1. I know I just said I wanted time to slow down, but is anyone else ready for Fall? Summer just isn't as much fun now that I'm not a student and actually have to act like a grown up. Gone are the days when I could lounge by the pool for hours on end with my nose in a book, drink in hand. These days I'm less bronzed beauty and more pasty librarian. Spending 9+ hours indoors every day (without a window view I might add) in the peak of summer is just plain depressing. I want to be 22 again.
  2. On Saturday night I sure danced like I was 22. The amount of confetti released at the end of the Taylor Swift concert was simply amazing. AND it was in the shape of little hearts. How cute is that?? That VIP ticket was worth every penny. 
  3. I had 33 of the 55 toys and games that will make 90s girls super nostalgic. I may or may not have been a bit spoiled. These people weren't kidding when they said this list would take me down memory lane. Puppy Surprise? Surprise! Surprise! Puppy surprise. How many puppies are there inside? There could be three, four, or FIVE. It's only slightly pathetic I still have this song memorized right? Polly Pockets? Mall Madness? Tamagotchi's? The 90's really were great. Speaking of Tamagotchi's, did you all know there is now a Tamagotchi iPhone app?! Heck yes I downloaded it this past weekend. I'm not ashamed.
    Not being able to see around anyone in a crowd -
    why do you think I always wear heels?
  4. This sums up my life to a tee - 16 Problems Every Petite Girl Deals With. It even has cats for the photo illustrations. Could it be any more perfect? I think not. Obsessed. Also, if you got that Friends reference you should probably become my best friend...like immediately.
  5. On Tuesday 100% of the calories I consumed were carbs. And you know what? They weren't even healthy carbs. Forget the whole grains. I had a donut, tortilla chips, and cookies for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Apparently when I'm locked in a conference room for an entire day I lose all logical reasoning and self control. Although I must admit, it was kind of awesome. Peanut butter cookies are healthy-ish right? I mean, at least they have some protein. #smartfoodchoices
  6. It is impossible to make cookies without consuming at least 4 cookies worth of dough while baking them. If you can successfully bake cookies without making yourself physically ill please teach me your ways, and give me a smidgen of your self control. 
    Cookie dough is just too tasty.
  7. Let's talk Bachelorette. I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and say Chris and Des have a 0.05% chance of actually making it down the aisle, and that's being extremely optimistic. It cannot bode well that she brought up the guy who just broke her heart during her proposal to another man, and don't even get me started on Chris. Is he really stupid enough to believe Des actually loves him?! Poor guy. He's in for a world of hurt I'm afraid.

2 comments:

  1. I always eat cookie dough until I nearly feel sick! Then I don't want any actual cookies :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh me too! Although somehow I always manage to make room for at least one actual cookie, and then make myself feel even sicker haha! :)

    ReplyDelete