Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thursday Thoughts with Jen - Vol 8

Hey peeps! Happy Thursday! I've been a slacker yet again this week, and didn't start on Thursday Thoughts until Thursday morning so forgive me if these are a hodge podge of randomness. I promise I'll try harder and actually put some thought into them next week...maybe...probably not...
  1. Oh my gosh. When I saw this list of 22 Reasons Why Gym Class is the Most Horrifying Part of Childhood, I about died. First of all, let me just say I am not athletic. Sure I danced, and cheered, and did gymnastics back in the day, but any sport requiring a ball and/or hand-eye coordination is not my strong suit. I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually enjoyed #22. Square dancing?! Heck yes I could do that! It's #8 and #10 that still give me nightmares. Dodge ball? Ugh horrible. My strategy was to cower in the back behind all the taller kids. This was an extremely effective strategy until everyone else was finally hit, and I was the only person left. Being the sole target for hundreds of speeding dodge balls is no fun. Okay, maybe it wasn't hundreds, but it was still terrifying none-the-less. When boys threw those things they hurt! #10 is by far even worse than dodge ball. In elementary school our gym teacher used to make one person sit on that stupid little scooter while another person pushed them around the gym like we were in some sort of chariot race. Of course I always had to sit on the scooter since I was small. I can't even begin to recall the countless number of floor burns I endured over the years. I've tried to suppress those memories. So traumatic. 
  2. I reeeeeeeeally wish I would have heard it was $1 sandwich day at Jimmy John's before 12:47 p.m. Consider yourself informed. If you haven't had lunch yet or do not have dinner plans, may I suggest a beach club unwich? Hold the mayo and tomato, but add onions and spicy mustard. Seriously delicious. 
  3. While we are on the topic of food, have you guys tried TCBY's almond milk fro-yo?! After you pick up your $1 sandwich from JJ, you should probably drive on over to your nearest TCBY for dessert. The chocolate almond milk fro-yo is absolutely amazing. You need experience it for yourself.
    Heaven is a cup.
  4. My cat is such a diva. I have an hour long commute to/from work so from time to time I end up staying at my parent's house (aka at least once a week when I undoubtedly have to work late). Well yesterday night when I got home from work (after staying at my parent's house Tuesday night), I walked into my room to set some bags down and say hello to Evie (my cat).
    Having a cat poop on your bed elicits a reaction similar to this.
    Clearly she was giving me the cold shoulder and wanted nothing to do with me. Heartbreaking, but it gets worse. As I was unpacking some of my things, she was sitting on the bed watching me, when all of the sudden she popped a squat and took a big ol' #2 right on the center of my bed, without breaking eye contact the entire time mind you. What a little snot. If she wasn't so cute, I think I would have murdered her.
  5. Which brings me to my next topic. I have a love/hate relationship with washing my sheets and duvet cover. There is nothing better than crawling into bed at night with clean sheets, but actually making a bed or getting a duvet cover back on a duvet is probably one of the hardest things ever. I dread having to do it.You basically have to be a ninja to get a duvet cover back on correctly with the perfect proportion of duvet to duvet cover on all four sides. I can't sleep knowing there is too much extra fabric on the top, bottom, left, or right. It has to be perfect.Why am I so OCD?
  6. You know what else I can't stand? When people use weird fonts/colors on their emails at work. There is a girl (who will remain unnamed) who sends out a report every Monday morning to the entire company, and her emails are written using pink Comic Sans font. Okay maybe it isn't Comic Sans, but it is pink, and it is awful. Let's stick to the basics here people. Don't you agree 10 pt Arial is just so pretty and classic? I you don't agree I can't talk to you anymore.
  7. My friend Allie sent me a really, really great article everyone should read about how to cure a quarter-life crisis. We all need to slow down and remember times of transition can be difficult, we should not be comparing our lives to anyone's but our own, and "we are right where we are supposed to be, it just looks nothing like the picture on the front of the brochure." This author is pure genius I'm telling you. Bookmark this article and read it when you get a chance, will ya?
And that's all I've got for you today because my lunch hour is over, and I have an exorbitant amount of work I need to complete before 6:00 p.m. because I refuse to miss happy hour with my old co-workers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment