Thursday, August 22, 2013

Thursday Thoughts with Jen - Vol 9

Let me just start by saying I am so glad it's Thursday. You know when you're really, really excited for something, and it seems like time is basically standing still? That has been this week. I thought we would never make it to Thursday. Yet here we are, thank goodness. Now if I could just be done with work for the day!
  1. Everyone should watch these SYTYCD Routines Guaranteed To Give You Chills. I love all of them, but I think this was my favorite of all time. Speaking of So You Think You Can Dance, if you happen to find yourself in front of your TV next Tuesday night be sure to tune in and watch fellow Topeka native, Hayley, and then vote as many times as humanly possible (for her of course because she's awesome. Duh).
    Killers love bathrooms. Also, I'm really good at drawing.
  2. On Tuesday night after SYTYCD I was home alone briefly, and I'm pretty sure I checked behind the shower curtain for murderers on 3 different occasions throughout the course of the evening. Obviously the tub is the most logical place for murderers to hide. Makes perfect sense. Does anyone else do this? Please say yes.
  3. While I'm on the topic of irrational fears and bathrooms, at night I wash my face at turbo speed with one eye partly open because I'm terrified of opening my eyes and seeing someone in the mirror behind me. This isn't normal is it? I blame the countless games of Bloody Mary I played at elementary school slumber parties. I swear I saw her. I'm scarred for life.
  4. I'm all for losing weight, but this is taking it too far. Ingesting a tapeworm on purpose is certifiably insane. I'll stick with healthy eating and physical exercise thank you very much (as I'm blogging and stuffing my face with a chocolate chip cookie in lieu of running). On second thought, where does one acquire a tapeworm? Kidding.
  5. You know how last week I was all, "TCBY is fantastic. I'm so obsessed. It's the greatest thing ever. Blah blah blah." Turns out I'm over it. I completely forgot how much better Paciugo Gelato is. OMG. You guys. Seriously. Like I realize it is 9:00 p.m. right now (and I just ate a cookie), but I'm really contemplating driving 20 minutes to go get some. THAT"S how good it is. Don't even get me started on how many flavors they have.
    Amaretto chocolate chip and wedding cake. No words.
  6. This Hot-Dog Legs Tumblr is fantastic. I'm definitely guilty of posting more than my fair share of these pics to Instagram this summer. I am so unoriginal. Sorry I'm not sorry.
    Legs or hot dogs? You be the judge.
  7. You all know I love social media (clearly), but there's something pretty fantastic about getting real mail. I'm not talking about the 1,000,379 credit card applications I get every day or the Hen House circulars or Bed Bath and Beyond coupons. I'm talking about letters or cards from people you actually know. A few months ago I received a thank you card in the mail after hosting a house guest for a few days, and I was floored. How thoughtful! This week I got a postcard from a friend who is on vacation, and I was so giddy. Sure text messages and emails are nice, but men take note - if you want to really woo a girl, it's all about the snail mail.
  8. My spending habits have been out of control lately. The past few months I've been buying things like I'm the fourth Kardashian sister. I think in another life I could have been a Kailee or maybe a Kaycee. Both those names suit me, don't you think? I'd fit right in. I used to be so disciplined with my money, but these days I'm like, do I need these $200 sunglasses? Absolutely. Loft has 40% off this weekend so I should probably go buy some new work clothes right? Right. Should I buy a $400 plane ticket for a quick weekend trip to Georgia? Not even a question. Makin' it rain! Dolla dolla bill yo! Yea I really shouldn't pretend to be gangsta. Nor should I keep this up. Someone needs to put this girl on a budget. Stat.
  9. Lastly, because it was the greatest show of ALL time, I leave you with this - 31 Things Friends Taught Us About Life. Now if only I could find my lobster :)

2 comments:

  1. Jenny your bathroom selfie is cracking me up! (AAAAND I am loving SYTYCD this season!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SYTYCD is pretty fantastic this year!

    ReplyDelete