Monday, January 27, 2014

Super Bowl Football Oreo Truffles

With the big game fast approaching, football Oreo truffles are literally the perfect addition to any Super Bowl party. They're super easy to make (really you don't even need an oven), and they are just too cute. I mean who doesn't want to eat a little chocolaty, cream cheesy, mini football?!


I assume I've convinced you all to make these so here is what you'll need:

1 package of Oreos
2 large Ziploc bags
1 8 oz package of cream cheese
milk chocolate almond bark
vanilla almond bark
piping bag
Wilton No. 2 or 3 round tip

Empty entire package of Oreos into Ziploc bag then double bag. You'll want to use the entire Oreo (cream included). I've always used original Oreos in the past, but with all these fun flavors coming out maybe you want to be a little more adventurous! Double bag and grind Oreos until they are a fine crumb. If you want an arm workout you can use a rolling pin to grind. Usually I find it more effective to put the bag on the kitchen floor and do a little jig. It's much more time efficient, and your arms won't be sore the next day. :) ...or you could use a food processor. I'm just not lucky enough to own one of those.

Once the Oreos are crumbled, empty into a large bowl and mix with an 8 oz package of cream cheese. Once "dough" has formed roll into mini footballs and place on a cookie sheet. I've found that the footballs are much easier to coat in almond bark if you place them in the fridge or freezer for 30 minutes or so.

While the footballs are chilling melt milk chocolate almond bark in microwave in 30 second increments. Make sure to stir between each time to make sure you don't overcook the chocolate. Coat footballs in milk chocolate. I usually get two small spoons and kinda transfer the football back and forth between the two to remove excess chocolate. Place back on baking sheet, and let cool for a few minutes. Melt white chocolate almond bark in the same manner and place in a decorating bag with a Wilton No. 2 or 3 tip. Pipe laces and seams on football, and viola! You now have THE cutest Super Bowl dessert ever!

5 comments:

  1. Oreo balls are ah-mazing! I made them once and they were quite lumpy but I've eaten them many more times and they are always a hit with my taste buds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking I might need to make these on Sunday before the Big Game. I remember how tasty they were when you brought them into work! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! I'm so sad that I won't be getting to eat any this year. Only 9 more days until I can have sweets again!

      Delete
  3. Hi,

    I have just come across your site justjennylynne.blogspot.com and would be really interested in chatting to you further about some advertising opportunities and partnerships that would be mutually beneficial for us.
    We work with a wide range of publishers in your niche and would like to also begin collaborating with you.
    Please get in touch if you would be interested in discussing possible partnerships.

    Look forward to hearing from you soon,

    ReplyDelete