Monday, February 1, 2016

Beauty Faves - January

Hello lovelies! As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I got a new job this past Fall, and one of the major perks is I get to try lots and lots of beauty products. I may or may not have almost an entire linen closet filled with different products so I thought it might be fun for me to share a few with you every month that I'm absolutely loving right now.

  • Ren Wake Wonderful Night-Time Facial ($60) - This is by far my favorite product I've tried in a lonnnnng time. At least 3 times a week, after washing my face I apply this before a moisturizer. It has a slight tingly feeling for a minute or so, but I swear to you, you'll notice a difference after even one application. My skin looks so much brighter and even toned in the morning after using this. It's a miracle worker!
  • L'Occitane Divine Cream ($110) - This anti-aging cream is, well, divine! It's a little pricey, but I've been using this on my face/neck/décolleté, and I really have noticed a difference. Plus, it smells wonderful. I love drifting off to sleep to this calming scent.


  • Lush Bath Bombs ($4-9) - My lovely sister got me an assortment of these for my birthday, and the amount of baths I've taken recently have increased exponentially. Baths > showers in my opinion, and bath bombs make them that much greater. Who doesn't love taking a pink bath?! I've tried several at this point that all smell wonderful and leave your skin feeling great.

  • Too Faced Cat Eyes Ferociously Feminine Eye Shadow and Liner Collection ($36) - Okay obviously I love this one because it has a reference to cats, but besides that, the colors in this palette are so pretty. You can use them wet or dry (which really doubles the amount of colors), and you can easily create a light, pretty look for daytime or a sexier, darker look for going out at night. Meow! It also comes with a nifty little how-to guide for creating three different looks.

  • glominerals Contour Kit ($36) - If you haven't jumped on board the strobing bandwagon just yet, let this contour kit be your introduction. I love this set because it comes in two different shades fair to light or medium to dark, and each kit has 2 shades of bronzer and 2 highlighters. One highlighter is shimmery and the other is more matte so you can use it for a more subtle look as well. It even has a nice little diagram right on the package so you can easily see which products you should put where in order to achieve the best results. I can most definitely tell a difference (especially in pictures) when I've contoured my face. I've always thought my face looks quite round, but when I use this kit, hellllllllllllllooooo cheekbones! I almost feel like a Kardashian. Hah!
  • Smashbox Photo Finish 24 Hour Shadow Primer ($20) - I had never used eye shadow primer until I received a little sample in my Birchbox several years ago, and I don't know how I went 10+ years of my make-up wearing adult life without it. Eye shadow primer is a life changer. So dramatic I know, but if you want your shadow to stay put all day and to avoid getting those dreaded creases mid-day you've got to try this product. It's well worth the $20.


  • First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Lip Therapy ($12) - I love, love, love this stuff. My lips are always so dry in the winter, and this really keeps them moisturized without being too glossy or sticky. 
  • Hempz Age Defying Herbal Moisturizer ($24.99) - If you can look past the giant marijuana leaf on the bottle, this lotion is actually really great. They have a bunch of different varieties, and they all leave your skin moisturized but not greasy. I'm very particular about how a lotion makes my skin feel, and this brand is the best. I think the Triple Moisture is actually my fave, but Age Defy comes in a close second. Even Cory likes this lotion because the scents aren't too overpowering so men can use them too. All Hempz 17 oz. lotions are actually on sale right now for 1 more week at $10.99 so if you want to try 'em out, now's the time! They also have little mini bottles so if you want to test out a few different kinds and see which is your favorite that's another option.
I could easily keep going with at least 25 more products, but I suppose I should save some for next month! What beauty products can you not live without? 

No comments:

Post a Comment