Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Kitty Ballerina Cookies


When my friend Ashley told me what her 3 year old was contemplating for her birthday party theme, I was beyond excited. Cats! Ballerinas! Pink and red! This party was right up my alley! 



If you want the perfect sugar cookie my advice would be to check out Sweet Sugar Belle's recipe. Since trying out her recipe I've never looked back. This recipe requires no refrigeration. You hear that?!? The dough doesn't have to be chilled which is a major win for this impatient person...especially considering I bake all my cookies after work, and I'm no night owl.

Recently I found a new royal icing recipe that I think is a keeper. I sorta followed the recipe, but I didn't sift the powdered sugar and added some vanilla and almond extra (because I can't bake anything without adding a little almond). I'd say it was pretty tasty! It does take much, much longer to dry so I usually have to start the cookies a whole day earlier to let them dry before packing them up and sending them on their way, but I think it's worth it. The biggest downside to royal icing is it dries so hard, but this one is much, much better. Try it. I promise it's worth the extra time!


No comments:

Post a Comment