Thursday, February 25, 2016

Thursday Thoughts - Vol 32

Happy Thursday! Last Wednesday I was little under the weather so I didn't manage to get my Thursday Thoughts put together, but I'm back this week!

  1. I've got puppy fever. It's bad. It's been so warm in Kansas City the last week, and there are people out with their dogs everywhere. I get so envious, but then I remember how much work puppies can be, and how much I love quick weekend trips. Evie's fine for a few days on her own, but a puppy? Not so much. Who has a dog they want to loan me occasionally? :)
  2. Tootsie rolls are a really underrated candy. I would never think to buy them myself, but we have a big bowl of them in the reception area at work, and I might have had one four yesterday afternoon, and they were delicious...but not the fruit flavored ones. Those are gross. Chocolate only.
  3. I really wish Starbucks drinks were more consistent. Gosh I sound like such a bratty, white girl. #firstworldproblems ...but really. Last week I ordered a skinny hazelnut latte, and it was disgusting. So gross in fact, that I ended up pouring half of it down the drain, but yesterday, yesterday I ordered the exact same thing, and it was the most delicious latte ever. What a tough life I have.
  4. Speaking of tough, last Wednesday I had a halo laser treatment in an attempt to get rid of some acne scaring, and good golly that thing was painful. They give you a numbing cream prior to the treatment, but there's nothing quite like the smell of burning skin. Not to mention I looked like a chipmunk for the next two days because my face was so swollen. Cory kept telling me I looked like a Bratz doll. He's so kind like that. I'll spare you any pictures. I'm still peeling pretty bad right now, but I think it helped so fingers crossed my scars are gone! 
  5. Do you guys have one position you HAVE to sleep in? Last week after my treatment I was instructed to sleep elevated on my back to prevent swelling, and it was awful. I cannot sleep on my back. I have a Fitbit that tracks sleep, and it said I was restless 37 times. THIRTY SEVEN how is that even possible!?! Oh ya. I was awake the entire night. I sleep on my stomach or not at all apparently. Lord help me if I'm ever pregnant. That will be the longest 9 months of my life.
  6. I'm getting ready to list my house for sale so Cory and I spent Sunday cleaning out my basement (thanks Cory!). We took FOUR car loads of crap to Goodwill, and I still have half a car full of more crap to donate still. I think I was well on my way to becoming a hoarder. At least I wasn't hoarding cats? Have you all seen those people on TV? So disturbing..
  7. This list of 50 Of The Happiest Feelings To Remember On a Bad Day is kinda perfect. Happy Thursday Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment