Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Thursday Thoughts with Jen - Vol 16

Yay! Today is Thursday which is actually my Friday. I always hate when people say that, but now that it's me that doesn't have to work tomorrow I'm suddenly more okay with it. Here's your Thursday Thoughts:
  1. There's no better test of will power than driving home with a take out pizza in the car. I always have to put it in the backseat to ensure I make it home with a full pizza. One thing's for sure, if it was riding shot gun next to me it would be a goner. I've never claimed to have any will power whatsoever when it comes to food, especially za. 
  2. Speaking of food, I'm going to the Texas State Fair this weekend and seriously cannot wait to try some of these 25 Deep Fried Foods. While I love a good margartia, a deep fried one just seems a little too weird. I think I'll stick to the deep fried Pop Tarts, Oreos, and cheesecake. I feel a stomach ache coming on.
  3. I think Starbucks' #payitforward campaign is so fantastic. How great would it be to know that you put a smile on someone's face first thing in the morning when they pull up to the drive-thru and realize their latte is already paid for? AND bonus: you get a free tall coffee! The other morning my barista informed me the 7 cars in front of me had all paid for the person's drink in the car behind them. Of course I kept the trend going. It's nice to see that people are kind hearted and generous. Stop by your neighborhood Starbucks today or tomorrow, and you too can participate. Let's all #payitforward.
  4. You guys. I have a serious problem. I cannot stop listening to "Wrecking Ball" by Miley Cyrus. For real. Yesterday I listened to it on repeat for 45 minutes straight while I was doing cardio at the gym. Her songs are just so catchy. There isn't one I don't like. Don't even try to tell me you don't bust a move when you hear "Party in the USA" or get a sudden boost in confidence as soon as "The Climb" comes on. My personal fave though? "Two More Lonely People." Hands down. Best Miley song EVER. Check it out below :)Two More Lonely People by Miley Cyrus on Grooveshark
  5. This list of 29 Underrated Things About Being in Your Late 20s is fantastic....except for the part about only liking regular Oreos. I personally think all the fun flavors are amazing. Although tried and true plain, Golden Oreos are far superior to all the rest. Oh, and I can't keep a plant alive for the life of me. My green thumb needs some work, but I have kept a cat alive for the last 11 years so there's that...
  6. These 19 Cats Who Just Want to Look Sexy for Halloween definitely made me giggle. I'm pretty sure Evie would murder me if I tried to dress her up so looks like she will be going as #19 - a sexy nudist. Ow ow!
    Look at her showing off those sexy legs. She's an exhibitionist.
  7. Time for a little TV talk. The Farewell to Finn episode of Glee is tonight. I feel a major sob fest coming on and an instant obsession with all of the songs in the episode. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I'll be on my way to the airport this evening when it airs so I guess I'll have to wait until Sunday to watch. Probably best I don't send myself into a depression right before the weekend.
  8. On a happier note, who's ready for basketball season?! I know I am. Unfortunately, my friend Alex and I were two of the many people who did not get into Late Night in the Phog last Friday night, but how awesome is it that KU fans had to be turned away because too many people showed up for the team's first "practice"?? Jayhawks are pretty much the greatest fans ever. If you missed out on Late night like me, check out this Dream On video from Friday. Chills. 


No comments:

Post a Comment