Thursday, October 31, 2013

Thursday Thoughts with Jen - Vol 18

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Who all is dressing up this evening? For the past few years I've gone to my friend Alex's parents house because they have the most ah-maze-ing haunted house. We dress up and sit at the bottom of the driveway to hand out candy to the little ones who are too scared to venture up to the house. This year we have a pretty cute costume in mind. Be sure to follow me on Instagram to see what we dress up as later this evening! And now without further ado, here are your Thursday Thoughts!

  1. Speaking of Halloween, I cannot wait until Jimmy Kimmel has his annual video where parents tell their children they ate all of their candy after they went to bed. Best. Thing. Ever. Yooooooooouuuuuuu sneaky mom!
  2. My work is trying to make me fat. Yup. They want me to become obese. We have an exorbitant amount of treat days for birthdays, bosses days, wedding showers, baby showers, Wednesdays. You name it. We have a treat day for it. Of course Halloween is no exception. In fact, it's the most absurd. There are different rooms throughout the building with different themes. There's a sandwich room (where meat and cheese sit out all day), a "healthy" room, a cheese/crackers/Little Smokies/chips & dip room, a candy room, a breakfast/dessert room, and last but not least, a nacho room. By about 8:37 a.m. if you haven't made it to the nacho room, well, then you're out of luck because that place is wiped clean. Gluttony at it's finest.Woof.
  3. Yesterday, when discussing different types of oatmeal with some of my co-workers (see we even obsessively talk about food), I learned something completely mind-blowing. Did you know Quaker packages can be used as a measuring cup?!? I've been eating oatmeal for at least 20 years, and I never knew this! My world will never be the same. Gone are the days when my oatmeal comes out too runny or too dry. Hallelujah!
  4. Ok enough Halloween and food talk. Last week my house was TP-ed. Although I may act like a high schooler quite frequently, you'll be surprised to know I do not in fact socialize with 16 and 17 year olds on the reg so I was quite confused. Fortunately it was a case of mistaken identity, and once they realized their error they came back and cleaned it up! How impressive is that?! I can't say I would have done the same when I was 16.
  5. Although toilet paper is not one of my favorite decorations for my home, I am getting uber-excited to decorate for....wait for it....CHRISTMAS! How early is too early? I've already been shopping around for the perfect Christmas tree. Why do they have to be so gosh darn expensive? Oh well. Totally worth it. Now who wants to come over, and help me carry up my 27 bins of Christmas decorations from the basement? 
  6. Basecamp Hotel is a hotel after my own heart. This is my kind of camping. A tent set up indoors with a cute little fire pit where I won't have to spend the night with any creepy, crawly creatures or mosquitoes?! Sign me up!
  7. Speaking of sleeping, my winter PJs are out in full force. Are they sexy? Absolutely not. Are they cozy? Heck yes! There's nothing I love more than cuddling up on the couch in multiple layers under a blanket when the temperatures drop. I'm kind of obsessed with the fleece pajama pants from Old Navy. Is it embarrassing to own at least 7 different pairs? I don't of course. I'm just asking for a friend... 
  8. Everything about this Twentysomething Party vs. Thirtysomething Party is true (well except for the drugs part. Just say no kids), and I'm only 27. This doesn't bode well for me when I'm actually in my 30s does it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment