Friday, June 14, 2013

Happy 1/2 Birthday to Me!

How am I already 27 and a half!? OMG this year is seriously flying. I'm a little scared to check back on my list of 28 Things Before 28. It isn't going to be good...

No these aren't actually from today. I didn't buy myself cupcakes for my  half
birthday. Not saying it isn't something I would do...just that I'm at work right now so it isn't possible....and I'm trying to eat healthy. Trying being the key word.

  • buy a DSLR camera and take photography lessons - should I treat myself to a little half birthday present this evening?! Better check the bank account...
  • run 1,000 miles - I'm at 510 miles right now so I'm a little behind but I think 1,000 miles is still within reach...assuming I actually train for the half marathon I've signed up for in October.
  • find a church to attend - uhhhh fail. Mal and I went to church one weekend then things got busy.
  • go to a movie by myselfcompleted 1/20/13. I went and saw Les Miserables all by myself
  • learn to ski - completed 2/23/13. Skied at Snow Creek in Weston, MO
  • make a budget that I actually stick to so I can save more money for a house - completed 2/14/13. Bought my first house and closed March 21st!
  • read 8 new novels - (1) The Middle Place by Kelly Corrigan, (2) The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein, (3) Little Bee by Chris Cleave
  • take the GMAT
  • try 10 new restaurants - (1) Room 39, (2) The Majestic, (3) Brewbakers, (4) Salsa Grill, (5) Avelluto's, (6) The Beacon, (7) Westport Cafe and Bar,
  • try 12 new recipes - (1) Chocolate Ganache, (2) Avocado Feta Dip, (3) Tomato Basil Soup, (4) Pineapple Lemonade Sangria
  • run a half marathon and beat my PR (1.56.28) OR run a full marathon and beat my PR (3:56:22) - Ran Rock the Parkway half marathon on 4/13/13 and finished in 1.48.59
  • complete a 365 photo a day challenge - completed 4/30/13
  • avoid fast food for an entire month - completed February 2012.
  • sing karaoke
  • take a trip to a state I’ve never been to
  • attempt to eat a Paleolithic or vegetarian (haven't decided which) diet for an entire month
  • learn to french braid
  • celebrate three unusual holidays
  • host a girl’s night every other month - Bachelorette watch party in January, Housewarming party in April (even though it was co-ed), BBQ in May (also co-ed but still counting it),
  • only use reusable grocery bags
  • make my bed every day for a month - completed March 2013
  • get a promotion - completed 5/2/13
  • take a spinning class
  • buy a KitchenAid stand mixer - completed 12/26/12
  • send snail mail to one family member or friend each month - thank you note to Molly in January, Feb-May FAIL
  • learn to knit
  • floss every other day
  • conquer my biggest fear - hold a snake
  • learn to shoot a gun

  • I thought it was going to be bad, but not that bad. I've only completed NINE things. I've seriously been slacking. Time to get to work. I need to get my butt to church, start cooking (maybe vegetarian??) instead of eating out, and watch some YouTube videos so I can teach myself how to french braid. Hopefully I can add at least one more book to the list while I'm on vacation next week. I've failed at actually reading my last two book club books so I'm bound and determined to finish this one. Now, does anyone know any unusual holidays I can celebrate, or have an extremely friendly, non-terrifying pet snake I can borrow?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment