Tuesday, June 4, 2013

And so it begins...

Linking up with Ashley over at The Domestic Wannabe for her Move it Monday. Yes I realize it is Tuesday, but I decided to go running with my roommates rather than blogging last night so at least I was out there doing something active! Oh, and I had to do important things like watch The Bachelorette. Duh.


It's no secret my eating/drinking habits have been out of control for the past 3 months. Going out to grab a salad with my roommates usually turns into getting Mexican and margaritas, and then what the heck! While we're at it we should probably just go get frozen yogurt since we already screwed up our "healthy" day of eating. Forget the fruit toppings. I want the good stuff - cookie dough, Oreo, Butterfingers, and don't forget the whipped cream. Obviously this is a horrible mentality, but alas that has been our life lately. Well, Sunday we decided it was time to make a change.

Our friend Brett challenged us to a little friendly competition. There isn't a "winner" per-say, but get this. If we don't meet our own personal goals we have to post a picture of ourselves to Facebook/Instagram/Twitter what-have-you...wearing nothing but a swimsuit. If that isn't motivation to get my butt in gear then I don't know what is.

Sunday was our day of reckoning. I knew it was going to be bad, but I guess I wasn't prepared for how bad. I had to step on the scale three times before I believed the number I saw. I know I'm not "fat" and some of you might think I'm crazy, but the weight I'm at now is extremely heavy for me. I'm nearly 20% heavier than I was last year at this time, and that my friends is just plain depressing. If you are nosy like me, I'm sure you are wondering how much I actually weigh, and you know what? You're in luck. I'm going to post not only my weight, but all of my measurements we took so that I have absolutely NO excuse not to keep at this little summer challenge. I'll post updates every week so you guys can keep me in check. Okay?? Mkay. Yikes....

Week 1: 

Weight: 118.2 lbs
Body Fat: 23.2%
Muscle Mass: 40
Arms: 10.25 in
Legs: 20 in
Waist: 30 in
Chest: 33 in - can we say flat chested?!?
Hips: 38 in - yup I have a big butt. Not sure this one will get much smaller.

Ok now that my weight is out there for the world to see, here are my goals. Some of these might be a little lofty for our ten week competition, but I'll be happy if I'm at least closer. Anything is better than where I'm at currently!
Goals:

Weight: 102 lbs
Body Fat: 18%
Muscle Mass: 40
Arms: 8 in
Legs: 18 in
Waist: 26 in
Chest: 32 in
Hips: 36 in

As you can see I've got some serious work to do. I'm always pretty good about working out (I run/cross train 20+ miles per week and take 1-2 strength classes at the gym) so this will mainly be about the ol' eating habits. Bye bye queso and cupcakes. I need to teach myself to eat healthier again (or at least indulge only occasionally and in moderation). If anyone has any pointers or good recipes I would love to hear from you! 

2 comments:

  1. You're so brave for posting this online! Good luck, and I can't wait to follow your progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mindy! 5 days in and still going strong! Hopefully I can keep it up over the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete