Sunday, January 19, 2014

Fruity Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad

So I'm trying this new thing where I actually eat protein, and don't sustain myself entirely on carbs and sugar...

I've never been a huge meat eater. I'll order it when I go out to eat, but as I've mentioned before, I hate to cook it myself. Last week I went to my parents' house on Sunday night and had my dad grill me up a package of chicken breasts. While they were quite tasty the first few days, I was so sick of chicken breast spinach salads come Wednesday. They were just too bland and boring so yesterday I decided to get creative, and I whipped up some healthy chicken salad. Needless to say I am much more excited for lunch this week...and I even cooked the chicken myself!


Fruity Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad

1 pound cooked chicken breast, shredded
1/2 cup diced red onion
1/2 cup diced Gala apple
2/3 cup green grapes, halved
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 T lemon juice
1/4 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

Cook chicken breasts in a baking pan in a single layer at 400 degrees for approximately 20-25 minutes until no longer pink. Shred with two forks and place into large bowl.

Add red onion, apple, grapes, dried cranberries, and almonds. Mix in Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. By my rough estimation I calculated the entire recipe is probably around 1,100 calories so if you divide it into four servings that's about 275 calories per serving. Not too shabby.


Serve on your favorite tortilla for a delicious wrap or even on a bed of lettuce. The options are endless!




2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I was a little hesitant to post this. But I have to say you are simply amazing and so fun. You have really inspired me to start my own blog and share with the world my passion for food and cooking . I would really love some tips and pointers.! :-)

    Sincerely,
    Gg
    Your #1 Fan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! So glad that you are starting a blog. I've found it very rewarding. Be sure to let me know once it is up and running so I can check it out! :)

      Delete