Monday, January 6, 2014

Move it Monday


Hi friends! Now that the holidays are finally over, I'm hoping my life should have a little bit more order which means two things - more blogging and way more working out.

The holidays are always so tough for me. I usually have high hopes of working out every day and saying no to cookies, but then the weather turns crappy, family comes in town, and I become one, big giant coach potato with an insatiable appetite. It happens every single year.

However, now that C is back home and I'm back at work it's time to get serious. This year for Christmas I got a Fitbit Flex, and I'm hoping it's just the thing to get my butt back in gear. If you've never heard of Fitbit, it's this handy little band you wear that tracks everyday activity like steps, distance, calories, stairs climbed and active minutes. It even mesaures how long and well you sleep. You can also log your food and weight to get a more complete view of your health and fitness. I'm kind of obsessed. It has really motivated me to keep moving the last few days.



It's fun because each day you can have a competition with yourself to be more active, take more steps, and you can even see how active your friends are. Have I convinved you to buy one yet? Because you really need to! Then we can be friends and motivate each other. :) Do you all have any other pedometers or activity tracking tools you use? Has anyone tried out the Nike Fuel band?

2 comments:

  1. Definitely been considering getting one! I'm curious to see how you like it over time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good! It's been pretty fun. I'm not sure how it compares to a Nike Fuel band though. I would be curious to see what someone who has one of those thinks! If you get a Fitbit we can be friends :)

      Delete