Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thursday Thoughts with Jen - Vol 22

Thursday Thoughts are back!
  1. This is too perfect. Seriously. Evie probably thinks a majority of these things all the time! My mother would be ashamed by how infrequently I make my bed. 
  2. Memory foam mattresses and polar vortexes and/or winter are not compatible...at all. My bed has been as hard as a rock the last few nights, and don't even get me started on my pillow. I'm pretty sure if I threw it on the ground it would break in half. 

    Not comfortable. Not comfortable at all. 
  3. Does anyone else still wear their retainers? Please say yes. I recently took a mini hiatus from wearing mine, and you guys, oh the pain. I've woken up in the middle of the night the past three nights because the bottom one hurt so bad. Straight teeth just might not be worth it.
  4. Spinning class may be making you fat?! Say WHAT!? Ok so maybe that is a little misleading, but it's a good reminder to keep up that strength and resistance training if you want to lose weight. I've been trying to attend at least 2-3 strength classes a week at the gym in addition to my daily cardio. Feel the burn!
  5. Speaking of being sore, isn't it the greatest feeling ever when you wake up and can hardly move after a work out? Do other people feel this way, or am I just crazy? It keeps me a little more motivated when I can actually feel it working.
  6. Oh my gosh. Can we please bring back 3D Doritos and Sprinkle Spangles?! This list of 35 Foods From Your Childhood is making me hungry!
  7. I'm trying to go a month without sweets which basically means I have to avoid Pinterest like the plague... and apparently Buzzfeed now too. Gosh I shouldn't have read that list of childhood foods. I'm really craving Butterfinger BBs now. I've made it 10 whole days without any cookies, candy, cake, or ice cream. This is a serious feat for me. My dad went and got donuts before church on Sunday morning, and I turned them down. You heard me right. I said no to a donut. Must. Stay. Strong.
  8. So I know I said I've made it 10 whole days without sweets, but I have been munching on these Quest Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough protein bars. I'm sure C thinks this is cheating since they contain chocolate, but they have 21 g of protein and no added sugar so I say they don't count. Have you guys tried any of the other Quest bars? I'm kind of obsessed with all of them, but this one is by far my fave. 
  9. Does anyone else still watch The Bachelor? Even though Juan Pablo's accent drives me absolutely bonkers, and even though I already read Reality Steve's spoilers, I keep coming back for more. Every. Single. Monday. It's like a train wreck I just can't turn away from. Victoria was such a hot mess Monday night. I think I like watching because it makes me feel so very, very normal. ABC you've hooked me yet again. 

5 comments:

  1. I've been trying to avoid ALL bachelor spoilers! This season makes me cringe, Juan Pablo just doesn't seem as not-awkward as Sean but psh, that doesn't mean I'm not going to watch it. Congrats on the no sweets, that's some serious will power!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't tell you who wins then :) I may hate listening to him talk, but he sure is pretty to look at!

      Delete
  2. I love Cashew Coconut Quest bars! I've heard cinnamon bun is amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had either of those flavors! I'll have to try them next! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Jen! My name is Cameron and I came across your blog today. I had a question if you don't mind emailing me. I appreciate your time. :-)

    ReplyDelete