Thursday, January 23, 2014

Thursday Thoughts with Jen - Vol 23

It's Thursday! I thought this day would never come! Here are my Thursday Thoughts for the week:
  1. Fellow cat ladies, does anyone have or know of anyone who has a CatGenie?! I saw an infomercial yesterday, and I'm very intrigued. I'd never have to touch cat litter again?!? I thought I was going to have to get pregnant for that to happen, but no! $248 is a small price to pay...and definitely a better alternative than getting preggo!
    photo courtesy of petco.com
  2. Is anyone still with me, or did I lose everyone when I led with cat litter? I probably should have started with a more universally appealing topic like cupcakes or ice cream. However, since I can't eat either of those things right now we shall forge on and pretend like I'm not craving them every waking minute. 14 more days. 
  3. Speaking of food, if you are going to Instagram pictures of your food, here is your recipe for prettier food photos. Please, please at least make the food look appetizing. Otherwise, why bother? No one is going to like that photo, and then you'll just feel sad and pathetic. 
  4. These people knew a thing or two about food photography. I want grilled cheese so bad now.
  5. You know what else I want so bad? This breakfast "cookie dough". Seriously it was so delicious (and healthy)! If you want to try it out yourself, check out my Instagram for the recipe! 
    See this? I held the camera above my food, and let the food be the "star".
    I didn't even need to read that article :)
  6. Does anyone else find that 5 lb hand weights are too light, but 8 lb weights are too heavy?! This is a major first world problem. Would it be that hard to have 6 or 7 lb weights available?! I feel like I'm hardly getting anything out of my group fitness class when I use 5, but if I attempt to use 8 the entire time I look like a little wimp when I have to start taking breaks at the end. Such issues I have.
  7. So let's talk Valentine's Day. Do you love it? Hate it? I'm somewhere in between. I absolutely adored it as a kid. Decorating my shoebox for all my cards was probably the highlight of my Spring...unless of course I had a school project where I got to make a diorama. I promise I wasn't nerdy at all. ;) I've gone a little crazy on Pinterest, and I'm hoping to try out some of these fun ideas this year.I'm thinking Minion Valentine's are a must. Hopefully my friends like Twinkies! 
  8. Has anyone taken this Which Decade Do You Actually Belong In quiz? I got the 50's. Apparently I "yearn for a simpler time when people were polite, curt, and followed the rules. Maybe people say I'm a conformist, but I know I just like things to stay a certain way. Home in where the heart is." Take it, and let me know where you belong!
  9. Lastly, I will leave you with this fantastic video. I think it's been around for awhile, but it's new to me and when my roomie showed it to me on Monday night I about died. Too funny!

3 comments:

  1. The Cat Genie. Yes. You don't even know. I have been wanting to get one so bad, but I want to know that it works! We already caved and got a wart fountain for our spoiled cats, so I feel like this isn't much more of a step...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need to find someone that has one of these!!

      Delete
  2. I got 50's too, Jenny.... go figure :)

    ReplyDelete