Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Soundtrack of My Life

I am kind of obsessed with today's topic - Five songs or pieces of music that speak to you or bring back memories.

I know I've mentioned this before, but I love music. There's nothing better than finding a song that relates perfectly to your life at that exact moment. It's even better when you flip on the radio and hear an old song that instantly takes you back to a place in your past. It's crazy how a particular song can define certain phases of your life, get you through heartache, or make happier times that much happier. I could probably go on forever with this post, but I will try to limit myself to just five songs...or six...or ten.

Ironic by Alanis Morissette. I have such vivid childhood memories associated with this song. I have a crystal clear recollection of my friend Marina and I performing this song (with coordinating dance moves obviously) for my parents in our living room in St. Louis. Now why on earth I was allowed to listen to this song when I was 11 is beside me. It's the good advice that you just didn't take. Who would've thought...it figures.

Ironic by Alanis Morissette on Grooveshark

Wannabe by Spice Girls. If you were a girl growing up in the 90's you can't tell me Spice Girls music doesn't define your childhood. Yo I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want.

Wannabe by Spice Girls on Grooveshark

Roll Out by Ludacris. Without a doubt whenever I hear this song I immediately think of high school cheerleading, and riding to games in those big ol' vans rapping our little hearts out. It's insane how many different versions of this song we created. Now where'd you get that platinum chain with them diamonds in it?

Roll Out by Ludacris on Grooveshark

For Good from Wicked Soundtrack. This song brings me right back to college and more specifically Theta recruitment. Happy times :) ...But I know I'm who I am today because I knew you.

For Good by Wicked on Grooveshark

Wrong Baby Wrong by Martina McBride. I may have played this song on repeat for upwards of 4 months, but this song seriously got me through my break-up in Cincinnati. ...everyone falls down. Everyone crawls now and then. Then they get up again. You cry if you want to that's what we all do, but if you think you'll never move on you're wrong baby wrong.

Wrong Baby Wrong by Martina McBride on Grooveshark



Ordinary by The Alternate Routes. This song reminds me of happier times in Cincinnati. :) If you haven't heard of this band check them out. They are pretty great. When you die will you be surrounded by friends? Will they pray for a heaven out loud, a hope that somehow they will see you again.

Ordinary by The Alternate Routes on Grooveshark

I Would Do Anything for You by Foster the People. First summer back in Kansas = perfect. ...and it's better this time than ever before.

I Would Do Anything for You by Foster The People on Grooveshark

A Place in This World by Taylor Swift. An anthem for almost every 20-something girl. And tomorrow's just a mystery oh yeah, but that's okay...

A Place In This World by Taylor Swift on Grooveshark

The Moment I Knew by Taylor Swift. Yet another break up...and another TSwift song that I can't get enough of. Do you see the trend? You should've been there, should've burst through the door with that baby I'm right here smile...

The Moment I Knew by Taylor Swift on Grooveshark

Anything Could Happen by Ellie Goulding. I know I've already included this song in my blog before, but it is just so great. It should seriously be playing at all times. Yet since we found out, since we found out, that anything could happen, anything could happen.

Anything Could Happen by Ellie Goulding on Grooveshark

Nothing in This World Will Ever Break My Heart Again by Hayden Panettiere. And one more for good measure. I don't necessarily think this applies to my life right now, but I'm a sucker for a sad song and this has been on repeat since the Nashville finale. Don't need a miracle, a superhero. There's only one way up when you're at zero. You took my innocence but it was knowing no I don't need you and that made me a woman.

Nothing In This World Will Ever Break My Heart Again by Hayden Panettiere on Grooveshark

Ok that was 11 songs and not 10 so sue me. Happy listening!


No comments:

Post a Comment