Monday, July 8, 2013

Checking In - Week 6 or is it 7?!

If any of you actually care, you may have noticed it's been quite awhile since my last update on my little weight loss/fitness challenge. The reason? I totally fell of the bandwagon. I could give you 101 excuses why it happened - I had one zillion weddings and baby showers. Literally one zillion. At least it sure felt that way. I went on a family vacation. I had friends in town. I had twenty-seven Fourth of July parties because I'm just that popular. Need I go on? In actuality, I really have no one to blame but myself. I could have exercised a little bit of self control. I could have resisted the urge to pile my plate sky high with chips and guac for a second time at every get together, but after a few Summer Shandy's who am I to say no to guacamole? Instead of tearing myself down and complaining about looking like the Pillsbury Doughboy, there's only one thing to do - move forward!

This week I will have healthier eating habits. I must. I will eat spinach salads for lunch, and I will be excited about it. I will NOT eat Mexican food. I mean...I will not eat Mexican food a second time. I may or may not have gone to Salsa Grill with one of my roomies tonight and ate my weight in white queso. Hey, Monday's are rough.

I'm also vowing to get in some good workouts. I already had a nice little sweat session yesterday morning (a 3 mile run followed by Strictly Strength), and a quick 3 mile run over lunch today so I'm on the right track there even if my eating habits have resembled that of a 400 pound man.


I haven't stepped on a scale since my last check in which was a little over three weeks ago. I cannot believe it has been that long. Sheesh. How about this...I don't want to weigh myself right now because it's 9:30 pm, and I will send myself into cardiac arrest when I see the number on the scale after gorging on Mexican, but I promise I'll have a full post with updated stats by Sunday. Cross my heart. Hope to die. Stick five donuts to my thighs. No? That doesn't work? Whatever. I never claimed to be a poet. Thanks for keeping me motivated! You guys are the best!

Linking up with Ashley at The Domestic Wannabe for Move it Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment