Sunday, July 28, 2013

Weekend Confessions

Every weekend I always plan to be so productive. All week long I talk a big talk: I'm going to stay in Friday night so I can wake up early to workout, or finally finish weeding the side of the house, or paint the dining room, or do one of the 1,523,764 Pinterest projects I've accumulated. Does this ever actually happen? Of course not. This weekend was obviously no different.

My friends and I were having serious sushi cravings so Friday night we made reservations at Nara. The food and drinks and were great, but I am never full after eating sushi. Does anyone else feel this way?! I can't even believe I'm about to admit to this, but after I dropped my roommates off at the bar (I really did stay in Friday night), I went through the Taco Bell drive-thru...by myself...sober. Low point. Oh ya, and my diet challenge ends Thursday. You guys...whhhhhhhhy did I do that!? And more importantly, why did I just admit to it?! I could have taken that secret to the grave. Instead of throwing away the empty wrappers in the kitchen trashcan, I took the effort to go all the way outside (in the dark no less) to throw them away to ensure no one would know my dirty little secret...yet here I am confessing. I could never be a spy. I crack even when there isn't any pressure.

After my roomies' night out on Friday, and my Taco Bell incident, we agreed we would not be going out and spending money on Saturday. We were going to stay in and be productive. Then we woke up and it was 75 degrees and absolutely gorgeous IN JULY . It was too good to be true. The Westport patios were calling our names! How could we say no?! 

If I had the choice of having a few cocktails outside during the day or hitting the town at night I would absolutely, 100%, always choose day drinking. It really is a win-win. I get to be a little tipsy in the middle of the day while getting a tan, AND I can still be in bed before midnight. I am such a grandma. It's really quite fantastic. Kelly's rooftop patio proved to be quite successful in our ongoing husband hunting quests. Maybe it can be attributed to the semi-sheer top I was wearing, or the cute Daisy Dukes Mal had on, or Mere's sexy little mini skirt, but we had some mad game with the fellas. Oscar and Tyler couldn't keep their hands off us! Nevermind the fact they were 4 and 6 years old, and their parents brought them to a bar. They were having a grand ol' time slapping Star Wars stickers on our boobs and butts. We took being cougars to a whole new extreme. You gotta start 'em young! Just kidding. They were adorable though.



Other than our underage suitors, our only other man-candy for the afternoon was Neil, a friend of a friend who had at least six visible tattoos, was most definitely wearing tighter pants than any of us girls, and could learn a thing or two about dental hygiene. His teeth and nails screamed chain smoker. No way could we pretend to be cool enough for a hipster like that. He was super nice though. Mal and I (fat kids for life), requested ice cream after dinner (which happened to be the two biggest pizzas I've ever seen), and he happily went and bought us two HALF-GALLON tubs from Baskin-Robbins...which we devoured straight from the carton...in her bed. This is why I'm fat..

#pathetic
Does anyone else have any weekend confessions they'd like to share? Please make me feel a little bit better about myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment