Thursday, July 4, 2013

Thursday Thoughts with Jen - Vol 2

Happy Fourth of July friends! Time for your second installment of Thursday Thoughts with Jen.

  1. Fourth of July's in Kansas are exponentially better than Fourth of July's in Ohio. My last year in Ohio I was in bed by 8:00 p.m. and I didn't see a single firework. I'm sure I could have found something to do, but I like torturing myself. Wahhh I'm all alone in Cincinnati. My boyfriend dumped me. I just kicked my rebound boy to the curb. My family is halfway across the country. I'm SO alone. Someone. Anyone. Everyone. Feel sorry for me. It was really quite depressing. Thank goodness that's the distant past. Fourth of July's in Kansas are one billion times better. Family, Friends. Food...and lots and lots of Harry Potter themed sparkler pictures with my sisters.
  2. Now that I've got Ohio on the brain, on one of my first dates with my previously mentioned "rebound" boy, he wouldn't let me walk closest to the curb for fear a car would drive by and splash me. No joke. It. was. amazing. He was amazing. What was I thinking?! This brings me to my next thought - all mothers need to teach their sons the art of chivalry. I won't go so far as to say chivalry is dead, but for the most part men these days are just plain oblivious. They are certainly not courteous. I was walking into work Monday morning carrying my gym bag, purse, lunchbox, water bottle, and coffee cup. I realize I looked like a homeless bag lady, but this particular man let the door slam in my face. I'm afraid I can't say it was the first time it happened. Chivalry is on life support. Let's revive it peeps.
  3. Since when do guys use Linkedin to try to pick up girls?! Insanity. I received a message from someone this week that said, "Just wanted to say you adorable." Hmmm interesting. Almost immediately I received a second message saying, "Your adorable not you lol silly me." Silly you indeed. I believe what you should have said is you're adorable...as in you are adorable. Please. If you are going to attempt to pick me up via Linkedin at least learn some grammar.
  4. Someone brought their kids into work this week, and can I just say I can't stand screaming children. Whenever I hear one, I can't help but think this is why I have a cat. Is it different when it's your own child?! I hope so. Wailing kiddos seriously make me want to hurt someone. Please pray I have a change of heart should I ever have any of my own. I don't think an orange jump suit would look good with my skin tone.
  5. This. Video. Is. Fantastic. I may or may not be guilty of photographing 99.9% of the things in this parody. Sorry I'm not sorry. Day made. 
  6. Sleeping on an air mattress with another person could be used as a form of torture. Sleeping on an air mattress by myself? Fine. I can handle that...maybe even enjoy it. Sleeping on one with another person? Absolutely freakin' miserable. It doesn't matter how well you blow it up the night before. Two hours in, the mattress will have all but lost half it's air, and you'll find yourself smashed like a sardine against the other person sweating like Kim Kardashian in labor. Not cute. Not cute at all. Give me a sleeping bag and the hard floor any day.
  7. Calorie counts on menus rock. Although they were a bit behind Panera, Starbucks finally joined the party and started posting calorie counts on their in-store menus this week. Such fantastic news! If you didn't before, I'm guessing you will really think twice about that 400 calorie Frappuccino. I'd prefer to eat my calories and not drink them thank you very much...unless of course we are talking vino. That's a different story. Bring on the wine!
  8. After college, so I could continue drinking my beloved wine and indulging in the occasional treat...ok fine daily...sometimes twice daily sweet I picked up running. It was THE best decision ever. Running communities are so welcoming and encouraging.  I ran a 10K with my friend Ashley this morning, and it was so great to see everyone out there cheering each other on. Runners are second to none in my book.
  9. You know what isn't so great? Being forced to go back to work on Friday after having a day off. It's the worst. Yes I could have used a vacation day, but who wants to do that. Not me...especially not when I might be needing those precious days for weekend getaways. Cat lady no longer? We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment