Thursday, July 11, 2013

Thursday Thoughts with Jen - Vol 3

Time for Thursday Thoughts with Jen. Hopefully these will get you through this extremely long post-holiday 5 day work week. Whyyyyyy isn't it Friday yet?!
  1. I have a love/hate relationship with Mexican food. It is seriously impossible for me to eat a normal amount of food at a Mexican restaurant. You know that feeling you get when you're full? It's the point where normal people push their plate of half eaten chicken enchiladas towards the center of the table, throw their hands in the air, and surrender. But me? No. I'm no quitter. I push past that point until I absolutely loathe myself. I don't stop until I'm physically uncomfortable. It never fails. You'd think I would've learned by now, but I just keep shoveling chips dripping with white queso into my mouth at rapid fire speed. I barely stop to breathe. Then when it's time to go I have to wobble my way out of the restaurant looking like I'm 6 months pregnant. Hellooooo food baby. Somebody needs to teach me some self control.
  2. Why is it always the old ladies who choose to get ready buck naked in the gym locker room? Even if I hadn't eaten my weight in Mexican food the night before and had only been nibbling on spinach leaves for the last 8 days, you wouldn't find me blow drying my hair and applying mascara in my birthday suit. No way. No how. No one wants to see that. At least put on your skivvies. Is that really too much to ask?!  I don't want to start my day with saggy boobs and butt wrinkles. It's an all-too-familiar reminder that I too am getting older and will in fact look like that some day. Ignorance is bliss people.
  3. I need to plan a trip to Paris NOW. You guys!! As if I didn't love Paris enough, there is a cat cafe opening there now!! Drinking coffee and playing with cats? Magical! Apparently these things are in Vienna, London, and now Paris. Just another reason to go back to Europe immediately!
  4. I can live without a man in my life...until I have to put on a bracelet. I can handle changing light bulbs, hanging pictures, assembling furniture...the usually honey-dos, but putting on a bracelet by myself? I swear it's the hardest thing to do...like ever. Yesterday morning I struggled for at least 3 minutes before I finally said screw it and gave up. Oh well. It wasn't that cute anyways.
  5. Speaking of men, I have extreme road rage towards men who drive huge pickup trucks. Do all these guys have to drive like such a-holes? I'm sorry if I'm not going fast enough for you, but I'm already 10 mph over the speed limit, and as soon as I get past this semi I'll get my little Camry back in the right lane so you, your giant truck, and those heinous plastic balls you have dangling from your tow hitch can zoom by me. Clearly your huge truck is overcompensating for your shortcoming in another area.
  6. Guess I really am a Millennial girl because I absolutely love 99.9% of the things on this list. Heck yes to boozy brunches, guacamole, and crossing things off a list!
  7. What is with this heat?! Yesterday when I got into my car after work the thermometer said 106. Miserable. On my way home I stopped by the grocery store to pick up a few things, and I swear to you by the time I carried my spinach from the car into my house it had already wilted. What a waste of $4. The only plus side to this heat? I don't have to drive all the way to the gym to sweat since a few minutes in my car without the air conditioning is just like owning my own personal, portable sauna.
  8. Fro-yo with rainbow sprinkles is amazing. It's a fact. It is also a fact that fro-yo from TCBY is exponentially greater than any other fro-yo (except for Yagoot but you can only get that in Cincy). You can't even argue with me on this one. Simply amazing. 
  9. I'm sure my roommates hate me in the morning. First of all let me just say that I get up really early....like super early. Let me also say that I am a huge klutz. I drop things, run into things, trip, fall down, etc. at least 3 times a day. It's an absolute miracle I've made it an entire year without breaking my iPhone screen. Watch, I probably just jinxed myself. This clumsiness is magnified x 1,000,000 in the morning. I swear no matter how careful I am in the bathroom, I always knock at least 3 items off the shelf in the medicine cabinet. The kitchen is even worse. If there are cups in the sink, they will tip over, and it will be loud. Sorry girls. I'll try to be quieter. Please forgive me.

2 comments: