Thursday, July 25, 2013

Thursday Thoughts with Jen - Vol 5

Is it just me, or is this the longest week everrrrrrrrrrrr? If it seems like this batch of Thursday Thoughts are random and discombobulated it's because my life is random and discombobulated right now. Also, I just had to sound out the word dis-com-bob-u-lated three times before I spelled it correctly. I need the weekend. Now.
  1. Seriously you guys, am I the only one on this entire planet that could care less about this royal baby mumbo jumbo?? It's a baby. Yes he is a prince, but so what? No need to camp outside a hospital for hours on end. Breaking news! He looks exactly like every other two day old infant - tiny and kind of like an alien. If you are in your mid-twenties I'm 99.99% sure you can see plenty of other babies who look exactly the same on Facebook. Every. Single. Day. Can we please all agree any one of these things are way more exciting and get back to our normal lives? Okay good. Moving on.
  2. Do you know what today is?? July 25th...which can only mean one thing. Only 5 more months until Christmas! The aisles at Hobby Lobby have been decorated with cheer. In hopes you might buy a tree ridiculously early this year. Remind me never to become a songwriter...or a poet. Anyways, you better believe I will be celebrating today by listening to a few of my favorite festive tunes. Greatest Christmas song of all time? I think so.
  3. All I Want for Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey on Grooveshark
  4. Someone fill me in. Are there 40-something year old women everywhere running around with their hair in pigtails while they work out, or is my gym just that special? I'm sorry, but unless you are (a) under the age of 12 or (b) dressed up as Pippi Longstocking for a super fun Halloween party, you need to stick with a high ponytail, low ponytail, french braid...literally anything but pigtails. You don't look cute. You just look pathetic.
  5. After seeing this tweet from Derek Blasberg last week, it really got me thinking...what did happen to America's most obnoxious reality duo?!?
    Seriously. They have fallen off the face of the earth...not that I'm complaining. A good five minutes of Internet research revealed this, this, and this. Let me get you up to speed. Post Hills, they had to move in with Spencer's parents in Santa Barbara because they're broke. They spent all their money before the Mayan Apocalypse like every other normal, respectable human being. The world was supposed to end. Duh. They've since been on a few reality shows (none worth mentioning), and they were most recently spotted in England trying to get another TV show so they could live in a castle. Oh, and they're also thinking about procreating. Now that's a scary thought.
  6. Speaking of tweets, I get severe anxiety when I get behind on my Twitter and Instagram news feeds during the day. I was just talking about this with one of my co-workers the other day. Please tell me we aren't alone. I had a particularly busy day at work yesterday and didn't get to check it once. I'm talking 10 straight hours without a single update. I felt so behind in the happenings of the world. I couldn't even have a conversation with my mom when I got home until I was caught up. She just didn't understand. Obviously there were very important pictures of people's fro-yo toppings to review and bathroom selfies to judge before I could even attempt to hold an actual conversation. Don't get me wrong. I love social media, but trying to keep up can be exhausting.
  7. If my tweet above didn't clue you in, I crave donuts constantly. Is it totally pathetic I've been talking about planning a trip to Portland for the sole purpose of going to Voodoo Doughnut?!? I must try them all! They look so amazing.
    Homemade baked donuts just aren't the same. I need the real deal.
  8. You know what else is amazing? SkyMall. Check out this list of the Most Insane Things for Sale in SkyMall. I'm highly contemplating purchasing the enormous wine glass, putting back a bottle, and then attempting to train Evie to use a cat toilet. Who wants to come over for a good time Saturday night?
  9. Do you all know the difference between a BBQ and a cookout? Because apparently there is a distinct difference between the two. I was recently informed I could not call my little backyard get-togethers barbecues unless I was all professional and owned a smoker and prepared fancy meats. It appears that some people get their panties in a twist over the distinction between these two. Whatever. It's all the same to me. Friends. Food. Beer. Mosquitoes. Call it what you will.
  10. You guys..how did I not know about this before now? Snake repellent is a real thing?! I can hardly stand to look at the website because all the snake pictures give me the heebie jeebies, but I seriously need to buy this. Even though I've only seen one snake in my yard (and it was months ago), it was one too many! Snakes be gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment