Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A Day in the Life

Today's Topic: A Day in the Life

My weekdays are pretty mundane so props to you if you make it through this whole post!

6:30 Alarm goes off. On a normal day my alarm goes off at 4:00 a.m. because I"m crazy and like to go to the gym in the morning. I wouldn't necessarily have to get up this early if I didn't live an hour away from work (by choice), but I'm so used to it now it is second nature. This morning was particularly nice because I spent the night at my parent's house last night which cut down my commute time to less than 15 minutes. Ahhhh-mazing. Downside of staying at their house last night? It was 91 degrees in May, and the air conditioner was broken. Go figure.

7:00 Decided against washing my hair this morning. Ponytail day it is! I decided my time would be better utilized making breakfast since I normally just have a protein bar after the gym on my drive to Topeka. Side note - If you haven't tried Quest bars, order them immediately. 20g of protein and SO delish!


7:15 I almost always get to work early (usually not quite this early), but I love that first 30 minutes when there aren't very many people there yet. I can get so much accomplished! There is nothing I enjoy more than checking things off my to-do list.

7:15ish to 12:00 Work. Meeting. Training. Squeeze in a  few more minutes of work before my next meeting. Training. You get the picture. I'll spare you the details of what I do specifically, but just know that there is a lot of math and Excel involved, and I love it.

Did I mention I get an absurd amount of free shoes??
It pays to wear the sample size :)
Lunchtime Normally my friend Alex and I work out over lunch (Payless has a little gym), but we were feeling particularly lazy and she had a few errands to run so I tagged along with her. It is always nice to get out of the office for a bit!

1:00-5:00 We had a treat day for our manager's birthday today, and my self control was rock solid all morning, but it all went downhill after lunch. Basically the entire afternoon (when I wasn't working or in training) was spent going back and forth to the treat cube. Does everyone else have an absurd amount of treat days at work, or is it just a Payless thing?!? And I wonder why I can't lose any weight...

so hard to say no to a donut....
6:15 Left work on time today (yay!), and even beat one of my roommates home so I decided to catch up on New Girl and The Mindy Project since I didn't get a chance to watch them last night.

7:45 The plan was to go for a 5-6 mile run with one of my roommates. Of course we ended up talking ourselves out of it, and instead went joy riding in my other roommate's sweet rental car. We did get out and take a short little walk in Loose Park so I'm counting that as my workout for the day. Rest days are essential right? That's what I'm telling myself.

9:30 Time for some meaningful conversations with the roomies about our lives, work, being in our late 20's, boys...obviously. Really deep stuff ;)

10:26 Bedtime! Gotta be up at the crack of dawn for a work out since I ate crap all day and seriously slacked in the workout department. Good night world!

7 comments:

  1. That's not boring. You are pretty darn active if your day starts at 4am. I am jealous of your early gym time AND your shoe collection. Visiting from blog everyday in may.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, girl! And I thought I got up early. I'm going to friend you on daily mile now, so get excited about that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just confirmed you as a friend Amanda :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The broken AC might've been horrible considering it's the middle of summer and 90 degrees is the average temperature, but I am glad to hear that your day still went well. Have your parents repaired the broken AC by now? The weather isn't cooling soon, so I really hope they did.
    Harris Aire Serv

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just think of how early you will be getting up and going to sleep when your Gaga's age;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. “It was 91 degrees in May, and the air conditioner was broken. Go figure.” - This is a terrible scenario! I can see you're a very busy lady, but I suggest scheduling quarterly checkups for your HVAC units. I'm sure you never wanted to experience the hassle of a broken AC. Hehe! Months passed already and I hope your AC is already repaired. Or replaced if it was beyond repair.

    Shelley Coday @ CandCheat.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily I was at my parent's house so I only had to suffer through the heat one night before returning to my nice, cool house where the air conditioner was working :)

      Delete