Thursday, May 2, 2013

Right Now

How is it already May?!? I swear this year is flying by so fast! Here are some of the things I've been into right now:

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*obsessing over *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

My sister's new kitten, appropriately named Benjamin Button. He is so cute...yet so creepy at the same time!


Look at that fat little tummy! Dying!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*working on *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Learning to love gardening and yard work. So far not so good. Saturday I had big plans to pull up the gross plastic edging around my front gardens and replace it with rock, rake leaves, weed, and transplant some things. I'm not kidding, within 2 minutes of being outside my dad spotted a snake, and of course I completely freaked out. I literally sprinted to the sidewalk, and en route almost stepped on the stupid thing. My dad then proceeded to pick up the snake and toss it towards me. So not cool. His punishment? Him and my mom basically had to do all the yard work themselves while I supervised from the front steps because I was way too terrified to step foot in the grass. Also, I was contemplating buying a mower and cutting the grass myself, but after my roommate spotted the stupid snake again this week I've changed my tune. Lawn mowing service hired. Best $30 I could spend, and totally worth it if I can avoid anymore snake encounters this spring/summer.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*thinking about*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Re-evaluating my personal life. Seriously. I've got issues. I know I've said over and over I don't want to have a boyfriend right now. I need this time to be single since I jump from one relationship right into the next. The truth? I miss it. I miss the companionship. I miss staying in and cooking dinner, drinking wine, and cuddling on the couch. I miss sharing my day with someone. I miss fun comfortable dates, and not awkward first dates with forced conversations. Being single is exhausting. Does he like me? Does he not? What do you think he meant by that text? I haven't heard from him in three days...what does that mean?!? Do I even like him, or do I just like the attention??? The game playing and over-analyzing is enough to drive a girl insane.

Yes being self-sufficient and independent is great and all, but it's also nice to have a counterpart. I had a breakdown Sunday afternoon when I was trying to put together my new patio furniture. I seriously spent 45 minutes trying to get one screw into the leg of the love seat, and I lost it. I sat there on my deck, crying and feeling sorry for myself. I'm neverrrrr going to meet anyone. I'm going to die alone. Cat lady for life. Was I being overly dramatic? Maybe. Was it because it was that time of the month? Possibly. Either way it was pathetic. I need a man in my life stat.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*excited for *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The weather to warm up and stay warm! We had a sneak peak into summer weather Sunday and Monday, and it was so fantastic. My roomies and I had some people over Sunday afternoon to enjoy the patio furniture (post breakdown), and I anticipate hosting many more get-togethers this summer. Now I just need to buy a grill. On it...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*can't live without*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

My Nebraska Furniture Mart card. 2 years no interest? Done and done. Time to get that grill!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*on repeat*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I can't get enough of Ellie Goulding - Anything Could Happen thanks to the New Girl episode this week. It is so catchy although the video is slightly creepy...



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*devouring *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I've been trying to be better about my eating habits this week since summer is literally right around the corner (at least I hope so...it is currently snowing. WTF Kansas?!?). So far so good. However I feel like this weekend is going to put my self control to the test with Cinqo de Mayo celebrations. You know how I feel about Mexican food and margaritas!


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*thankful for*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A weekend without any plans! No Bachelorette parties. No weddings. No family obligations. Just a nice relaxing weekend at home thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment