Wednesday, September 4, 2013

If I Could Take a Break from Life

I wish every week could be a four day work week. It's already Hump Day! Woo hoo! I absolutely love today's Blogtember topic - if you could take three months off from your current life and do anything in the world, what would you do? This is something I think about constantly. If I had to sum up my answer to this question in one word it would be simple. TRAVEL! 
I was lucky enough to study abroad in Italy the summer between my junior and senior year of college, but I didn't have nearly enough time to travel everywhere I wanted. Ever since then I've been bitten by the travel bug, and I've been raring to go on new adventures, but alas, life (and the real world) has gotten in the way. Who knew the second I graduated from college I wouldn't be an instant millionaire?! Being an adult is so hard. If only I was a trust fund baby. Sigh. 

So what places are on my list you ask? Hmmm where should I begin? Most of the places I really, really want to go are abroad, but there are a few cities within the US that I can hopefully (realistically) get to within the next year or so. Stateside my list looks a little something like this (yes I realize some of these are cities, some are states, and some are general areas):
  • Portland, OR
  • Louisville, KY (I've been here, but I must go to the Derby next year)
  • Seattle, WA
  • Albuquerque. NM (for the Balloon Fiesta)
  • New Orleans, LA
  • New England
  • Austin, TX
  • Hawaii
  • Alaska
My lists of places I want to see oversea could go on forever, but these are at the top of my list:
  • Greece
  • Spain
  • Australia/New Zealand
  • Canada (Vancouver specifically)
  • Southern France
  • South Africa
  • Maldives
  • Thailand
  • Brazil/South America. Give me the rainforest!
How about you guys? Where are you itching to go? Want to take me with you? I promise I'm a fun travel companion! :)

2 comments:

  1. Greece is so GORGEOUS in real life! :) I've traveled to a lot of European cities but I'm dying to go back. I still need to see so much of the U.S. though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous you've seen it in person! Hopefully someday! :)

    ReplyDelete