Monday, September 16, 2013

My Newfound Love...

Today's Topic: Write a public love letter to someone in your life (it doesn't necessarily need to be romantic).

This past weekend I fell in love. Let me tell you, at age 27 I've been in love a time or two, but this love isn't like other loves. I fell hard, and I fell fast. Before I send a certain someone into cardiac arrest, I should probably clarify. I'm not talking about being in love with a boy. Charleston, even though we just met 4 days ago I feel confident in saying this. I love you! And here I thought all those girls on the Bachelor were completely cray-cray, yet here I am professing my love for you after less than a week. Do you hear me Charleston?! I LOVE YOU! I just want to shout it from the rooftops.



I know just last week I was tooting Kansas City's horn, and KC is still great and all, but there is just something totally infatuating about you, Charleston. Every building has a story. I'm smitten with your historic downtown. I absolutely adore all your picturesque steeples that adorn the skyline. It also helps that I had a cute tour guide leading the way all weekend, but don't worry. I'm not picking up and moving to the Low Country anytime soon. My hair can't take your humidity. However, if I win the lottery or stumble upon a large sum of money it would be so tempting to snatch up one of your gems. Does anyone have $10,000,000 they want to give me? If so, I just might be a South Carolina resident faster than I can say pimento cheese.

As an avid heel wearer, I think our biggest relationship problem will be your cobblestone streets, but I'm confident we can get past this little hiccup. Clearly, you love me too Charleston as evidenced by your behavior when I tried to leave this morning. Even tripping me and causing me to face plant (sending coffee flying down the sidewalk and all over my white blazer mind you) didn't dampen my flame for you.

My heart is yours forever,


I realize I missed a day of Blogtember on Friday, but as you can see, I was a little busy. I still have several more photos and stories and that I want to share from my recent trip so I'll probably have more Charleston coming at you the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. Love this :). But... don't pick up and move away just yet, please!! Who else will get up and run with me at absurd hours in the morning in the dark?

    ReplyDelete