Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Moment My Life Took a Turn

Today's topic is describe a distinct moment when your life took a turn. Now that I'm in my late-twenties (ewww so weird/depressing to say that) my life has taken several turns. Obviously, it took a turn when I graduated from high school and went off to college, moved to Ohio, started my first "real" job, moved back to Kansas, and started another job. Honestly though, the turn that has made me the happiest and the one I'm going to share with you all today didn't happen until this year.

The last nine(ish) months have been full of change. I started this here little blog. A relationship ended. I bought a house. I got a promotion at work. Boys have come and gone. My social calendar is busier than ever, and for the first time (post graduation), I can say that I am really, truly happy with my life.


The exact moment my life took a turn for the better was the morning of March 23rd. After living alone with my cat for almost two years, I packed up my apartment (with the help of my parents and professional movers obviously. No way I was carrying all my crap down three flights of stairs by myself) and moved into my first house. Despite a horrible snow storm (in late March I might add which is just ridiculous), my good friend Mal (who makes up one third of the Chicken Tindahs) joined me on our first night in the new house. Cat lady no longer! :) That night as we sat in the kitchen drinking champagne, chit chatting, and unpacking boxes, I remember an overwhelming sense of happiness washing over me. This is exactly where I was supposed to be.

A few weeks later Maggie moved in, thus completing our trifecta. My beloved Tindahs and I have had so much fun the last 5 months exploring the city and having all sorts of crazy adventures. It is so amazing to have them back here in Kansas. I seriously don't know what I would do without them. Kansas City finally feels like home.


No comments:

Post a Comment