Friday, September 27, 2013

Things That Make Me Happy

Yet again, I'm a day behind on Blogtember. Yesterday's topic, or should I say assignment, was to go to a coffee shop. Order a favorite drink. Write about what makes you happy and what makes you sad. Or write about anything you'd like. Bonus points for including a photo from the coffee shop. 

Well I didn't make it to a coffee shop yesterday. Fail. After work I had errands to run, tailgating treats to bake, and packing to do for my trip so I set up shop in my kitchen and settled for some Starbucks Discoveries Vanilla Latte while my sugar cookie bars were cooling.

If you haven't tried this stuff you are really missing out. It's the real deal
and way cheaper that buying an actual latte at Starbucks..
And now, onto my list of things that are currently making me smile because who wants to focus on being sad. Not me! Plus it's Friday so being sad is impossible. Think happy thoughts people!

  • Fall scented candles. My personal fave is Yankee Candle's Pumpkin Patch Swirl which is a combination of Harvest and Spiced Pumpkin.
  • Midweek dinners with my girlfriends. Nothing gets me through a long workweek like a little sushi and wine with my besties.
  • Fall TV is back!  New Girl. Mindy Project. Nashville. Revenge. 
  • Candy corn and peanuts. Best snack combination ever. I can always count on my mom to have this on hand when I go home.
  • College football Saturdays in Lawrence. They really can't be beat...even if the Jayhawks can be.
  • The fact that it is almost boot weather. Hello riding boots, comfy leggings, and cozy sweaters. Boy how I have missed you.
  • Weekend trips with C. Georgia, ready or not, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment