Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Best Cookie Cake Ever...EVER

Well, I'm a day late on Blogtember, but I'm going to go back and pick up yesterday's topic - review a book, place, or product - or in this case, a recipe.


You guys. Last night I made THE most delicious cookie cake ever...EVER. I was perusing Pinterest, like usual, and came across this recipe from Life, Love and Sugar. Now I love a good cookie cake, but this particular cookie cake was beyond amazing. Promise you won't hate me for what I'm about to say, but I don't like chocolate chips in my chocolate chip cookies (or cookie cakes for that matter). Oh the horror! Yes, you read that right. I make chocolate chip cookies without the chocolate chips. I know I'm weird. I'm aware. I think that is why I was so obsessed with this particular cookie. I brought it to work for a co-worker's birthday, and even non-chocolate chip haters were raving about it. Seriously, if you want to feel loved, make this cake.


More sprinkles please.
Funfetti White Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 box funfetti dry cake mix
2 tsp cornstarch
2-3 tsp sprinkles
1 cup white chocolate chips (I used less of course)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. First cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, and mix well. Next add entire box of cake mix, cornstarch, and sprinkles. I went a little heavier on the sprinkles because who doesn't want their cake to be more colorful? Only weirdos. Sprinkles rock. Mix well, and stir in white chocolate chips. Now any sugar cookie recipe is going to tell you to refrigerate the dough overnight, but I was in a time crunch. I put the dough in the freezer for maybe 15-20 minutes, and then went to work. I think it turned out just fine, but if you want to do it by the books refrigerate overnight.

I baked the cookie cake in a spring form pan so it was easier to remove, however if you don't own one, any circular cake pan will do. You'll just have a harder job getting it out. To prepare the pan, trace onto parchment paper and line bottom. Grease the sides with butter. Spread dough evenly in pan. I used wax paper to even out the dough and to make sure the top was smooth. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Edges should be golden while the middle may seem slightly doughy. As it cools it will firm up, and ensure you are left with a soft, moist, chewy cookie. Sorry I used the word moist. I hate it, but it was necessary. This cake really was moist. Ew. Ok I have to stop thatLet cookie cool completely before removing from pan, and decorate with your favorite frosting. In case you don't have a favorite frosting recipe, I've listed mine below.


Buttercream Frosting

2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
3/4 bag(ish) of powdered sugar (more or less to taste)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
1-2 T water (depending on desired consistency)

1 comment:

  1. You’re not the only one I know who doesn’t like chocolate chips in cookies and cakes. I don’t find it weird, it's just a difference in preferences; like how I prefer white chocolate than dark. Anyway, by the looks of your cake, I don't think it needs more chocolate to make it more delectable. Jason Underwood @ La Patisserie

    ReplyDelete