Thursday, September 12, 2013

Thursday Thoughts with Jen - Vol 12

Happy Thursday! I'm heading off on a little mini vacay this weekend, but don't worry. I won't leave you hanging. Before I hop on a plane this afternoon, here are your Thursday Thoughts (and I'm squeezing in my response to today's Blogtember topic as well).
Some afternoons I don't think I would survive without this.
  1. Does anyone actually like the pretzels in Chex Mix? Two of my co-workers and I have daily Chex Mix breaks, and we've had this discussion multiple times. Don't get me wrong. I love pretzels, but there's something disappointing about the ones in Chex Mix. I always eat them first to get them out of the way then the mini bread sticks, wheat chex, corn chex, and rye chips in that order. I save the best for last. I'm OCD even in my eating habits.
  2. Ummm I want to eat all of theseGlazed donut bread pudding? Stop it. I LOVE all kinds of bread pudding.
  3. Does this freak anyone else out? The thought of making soup in the same machine my morning coffee comes out of just seems wrong. I don't think I can wrap my head around it. Plus isn't microwaving soup way easier?
  4. I got a pedicure on Sunday, and for the life of me I could not convince my nail tech that I was 27. He just kept telling me I looked like a baby, and he couldn't believe I hadn't just graduated from high school. Maybe I'll appreciate this in 10 years? Right now it's just plain annoying.
  5. Speaking of age, can you prove you're a '90s girl? Looks like I can. I got an 86%. I couldn't remember Felicity's last name for the life of me. I was always more of a Samantha girl anyways. Also, who cares about anything Leo did after Titanic? Nothing can compare to that performance.
  6. I'm sorry, but is handholding while grocery shopping really necessary? I get it. You're in love, but wouldn't it be way more efficient to divide and conquer? You're in my way. How am I supposed to speed walk with maximum efficiency while you're taking up 3/4 of the aisle. Holding hands at the grocery store is only one step up from holding hands at the gym which is absolutely THE worst. Don't do it. I repeat, just don't do it.
  7. You guys!!! Britney Spears' new single comes out in less than 5 days!!! I am so pumped. I love me some Brit Brit. 
  8. Today's Blogtember topic is discuss ways that blogging or social media has changed you. I love social media (probably more so than the average person), but as I've alluded to before, it can be exhausting to try to keep up with it all. While it's great I can have the news at my fingertips all day long via Twitter or I can pretend to be a fab photographer thanks to Instagram, I think I probably miss out
    Ready for some beach time! South Carolina
    come on and raise up!
    on things happening in real life because I'm constantly glued to my phone a majority of the day. Don't even get me started on Facebook.
  9. Actually I will say something about Facebook. I rarely even look at it anymore because (1) I don't even know who half my "friends" are because they were mere acquaintances to begin with and now they're married so I don't even recognize their names, (2) they're all complaining about really frivolous things, (3) they're peddling their religious, political, and/or personal beliefs, or (4) they're bragging to the world that their son/daughter just used the "big kid toilet" for the first time (picture included). Yes that really happened. I'm so over Facebook...except on my birthday. Then I like it. :)
  10. Checking a bag for a four day trip is totally acceptable right? There is no way I can fit everything into a carry on bag. Don't even try to tell me six pairs of shoes for a weekend trip is excessive. I'm not high maintenance at all. A girl's gotta have options. 
And that's all I've got for you today. Luckily tomorrow's Blogtember post is an easy one so hopefully I won't miss a day. I'll try to squeeze in a self portrait if I can convince my friend to play photographer. We'll see how persuasive I can be. :)

1 comment:

  1. I liked your comment "don't even get me started on Facebook" and your subsequent remarks in #9. I went very up and down with Facebook for years, both with my dislike for the company itself and the way it was used by friends, family and the like. I got so frustrated that I deleted it three times. Deleted, came back on, deleted, came back on and finally two years back I made that permanent deletion and boy has it freed up my mind.

    ReplyDelete