Thursday, September 26, 2013

Thursday Thoughts with Jen - Vol 14

Fair warning - it appears I have food on the brain this week so this volume of Thursday Thoughts will be heavily weighted towards all things culinary. If you don't want to be starving by the end of this post then you should probably stop reading now.
  1. Today is National Pancake Day. However, I didn't discover this until after I'd already eaten breakfast. My english muffin with peanut butter wasn't nearly as exciting as pancakes. It's also National Good Neighbor Day. Would it be weird if I made pancakes for dinner and brought some to my neighbors? Probably... Oh well. More pancakes for me! :)
  2. If you asked what I thought about birthday cake Oreos, I would tell you they're ah-maze-ing. Wedding cake concretes at Sheridans? To die for. I'm officially obsessed with all things cake flavored which is why I can't wait to get my hands on Shatto Milk's special edition Birthday Cake Milk. Even though I rarely drink anything other than almond milk, I'm going to have to make an exception for this stuff. I'm also pretty pumped to try Birthday Cake flavored M&Ms. Although I'll have a bit longer to wait on the M&Ms seeing as they don't hit shelves until May 2014. Bummer.
  3. We had a "snacks from your childhood" themed treat day at work yesterday for one of my co-worker's birthdays, and OMG. I had completely forgotten about so many great snacks - Gushers, Goldfish, string cheese, Snack Packs. The list could go on and on. I've decided string cheese is seriously underrated. I must start buying it on the reg. So yummy and such a great easy snack!
  4. Now that I've got food on the brain (hah but really, when do I not??), check out this list of 16 Snacks That Are OK to Eat at Night. Protein cake batter makes the list? I must try this immediately...and there I go with the cake flavored treats. I'm so predictable.
  5. I am so glad Fall TV shows are starting again. Other than SYTYCD, Summer TV just doesn't do it for me. I'm absolutely obsessed with The Mindy Project. Can we talk about James Franco? Holy moly. If he doesn't get your motor running no one will. 
    Look how precious he is. Seriously. I can't take it.
  6. Have you seen this baby's reaction to eating ice cream for the first time? I'm pretty sure my eyes still look like that every time I see ice cream although I don't look nearly as cute. 
  7. I'm not sure what my deal is, but lately I've been turning off my alarm and falling back to sleep. Then when I wake up (late) I have no recollection of ever turning off my alarm. Why is this happening to me?! It's really throwing a wrench in my morning work out plans, and I despise being rushed in the morning. I'm probably weird, but I would much rather wake up 30 minutes early so I can get ready at a leisurely pace, watch the news, and get some miscellaneous household tasks done before work. I guess I probably need to start getting back to my grandmotherly 9:00 p.m. bedtime. There just aren't enough hours in the day!
  8. I think I mentioned this earlier this week, but I'm going to the UGA/LSU game this weekend, and I'm having serious game-day outfit anxiety. I know I talked a big talk back in August, but now that I'm actually attending my first real Southern football game I'm nervous. What on earth should I wear? I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I actually googled "what to wear to a UGA football game". I'm so pathetic...and vain. I'm thinking a casual sun dress or cotton skirt is the way to go. Always better to be overdressed than under dressed right? 

2 comments:

  1. I'm kind of the opposite on your #7...I'll sit up in bed, look around, start to get out, then I realize my alarm never went off and I can go back to sleep. I don't do it often, but when I do it happens several times per night. Drives me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like when that happens and you still have at least 2-3 more hours to sleep, but multiple times a night would drive me crazy for sure! :)

      Delete