Thursday, September 19, 2013

Thursday Thoughts with Jen - Vol 13

Happy Thursday! I'm kind of wishing I could rewind to last Thursday so I'd be heading to Charleston in a few hours, but at least there are a few different things on the agenda this weekend. If you're in KC, make sure you check out the 82nd Annual Plaza Art Fair this weekend. It's one of the best things to do in Kansas City all year (at least in my opinion), and then KU takes on Louisiana Tech on Saturday morning. Hopefully I'll be their good luck charm at the game this weekend. Before that though, here are your Thursday Thoughts!

  1. I'm officially the biggest klutz ever. Monday morning as C and I were rushing out the door to get to the airport I took a major tumble. I wasn't even pulling my suitcase. I had my carry on bag and purse in one hand and a cup of the most amazing latte (follow me on Instagram!!) in the other. You know in movies when people fall in slow motion? That's how I felt. I went to adjust the shoulder strap on my carry on bag and immediately knew I was going down. I'm sure it was pretty comical to watch. The latte FLEW up in the air, and of course landed not only the sidewalk, but all over my white blazer. At least five cute, little, old ladies stopped me in the airport to make sure I knew I had something all over me. Yes I'm fully aware I look like a slob. Charleston sidewalk - 1. Jenny - 0. 
    Time to break out these babies on the reg!
  2. When I stepped off the plane in Kansas City Monday morning, I couldn't believe how cool it was. Helllllllllllo scarf weather. It's only slightly pathetic how excited I got. Alas, now that I'm in the real world this is what my life has come to. I'm overly excited about wearing a restrictive piece of clothing around my neck.
  3. Now that the weather is getting cooler and Fall is just around the corner, one of my biggest internal struggles has been whether or not it is too early for dark nail polish. This is a lot to deal with, I know, but unfortunately this is life so I must cope with it. Is it socially acceptable to break out the Lincoln Park After Dark, or should I stick with my tried and true, beloved Funny Bunny for a few more weeks? This is obviously the ultimate #whitegirlproblem.
  4. I think someone has installed some sort of recording device in my house to eavesdrop on my conversations. How else would they know everything the Chicken Tindahs and I talk about day in and day out?! Granted we're lucky if we make it until 9:00 p.m. before hitting the hay. Staying up until 10:30 is just crazy talk!
  5. You know what else is crazy? This list of the 29 Dumbest Things Ever Said on Twitter. Are people seriously this stupid? But really y'all, human beans need to stop sugar coding it and ovary acting to the small stuff before we all die of beaties. Let's just all go get ourselves some Lewbuttons and bask in the smell of our boyfriends' colons. Ridiculous.
  6. I don't want to say I'm a genius or anything, but I'm kind of a genius. Sorry Brach's, but I thought of this year ago. Way to steal my idea. I could have been a millionaire. 
  7. If you have a few minutes to spare I highly advise reading 23 Things Every Woman Should Stop Doing. I know I'm guilty of doing several (if not most) of these things. Although I refuse to believe wearing heels every day is that bad for you. I'm not parting ways with my stilettos. You can't make me. I just won't do it. 
  8. While I was in Charleston, I hit King's Street for a little shopping, but you guys, you might as well start calling me Gandhi. I had so much self-discipline I only bought plastic cups. Yup. Little ol' me was actually able to go window shopping successfully for the first time in my life. Let's be honest, spending $4 on plastic drinking cups hardly counts as shopping. I'm giving myself a big pat on the back for this one. It was so incredibly difficult, especially considering I finally made it into a brick and mortar C. Wonder store. Their stuff rocks - just like Tory Burch only much more affordable.
  9. Speaking of stilettos, someone needs to teach Miss Wisconsin how to walk in heels. It was just plain painful to watch her wobble across the stage on Sunday. And don't even get me started on the "talent" competition. Absolutely horrifying. Side note - if you're pathetic like me and religiously follow the Bachelorette, Bachelor, or any other trashy girly reality show you should really follow +Dana Weiss on Twitter. She live tweets all of them, and it's fantastic. I can't watch TV without her anymore.  
...and that concludes your Thursday Thoughts this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment